Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:43:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Gallery Update 6.7  (Read 1027 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: February 13, 2015, 03:23:58 PM »

The gallery hast just been updated, some major new features like video embeding and facebook sharing/liking   angel

some minor tweaks may be neccessary, front page 30 day limitation will be set up again soon

here is the changelog:

+Added moderation logging to log key actions made by gallery admins in the gallery along with a Moderation Log area
+Added alt tags on image listing areas in the gallery using the title of the image
+Youtube external videos now pull in an image from youtube for the video preview image
+Custom Fields can now be added globally instead of just category level specific
+Custom Fields can now be edited
+New sharing options added for Reddit and Pinterest
+Now inserts keywords into SMF Tags if you have the smf tagging system installed on topic posting
+Updated top userbar tabs in the gallery code optimized
+Unapproved comments now visible to admins/comment owners when viewing a picture/video
+Added index to date column on gallery_pic table for better performance when date searching
!Fixed bug with uploading videos failing if no preview picture included.
!Fixed SMF Shop points not added on bulk upload

+Video Addon now built into SMF Gallery Pro -
Upload formats supported: avi,flv,mov,mpg,ram,rm,rpm,swf,wmv
Supports YouTube and some other common embed video sites. Copy and Paste Youtube Url.
Can have a user uploaded thumbnail if none is specified uses generic video image
Settings to set the max file size, player height, player width, show download link, show html linking codes
Membergroup/category level permission to control which group can upload videos.

+Not filling in all the information/errors on add picture/add video page no redirects back to the page with information already filled out instead of a fatal error. SMF 2.0 only.
+Added user information to the myimages page. Stats include total pictures,comments and views total
+Added setting to redirect back to the category instead of the users myimages page by default
!Admin email notifications/tweet clean up single quote display
+Some linktree tweaks in a couple places display/style improvement
+Template/style tweaks throughout the gallery.

+Added Auto Tweeting main category setting for items posted in a category
+New image effects system.  Effects including the following: Blemish, Brightness, Contrast, Crop, Draw, Effects, Enhance, Orientation, Redeye, Resize, Saturation, Sharpness, Stickers, Text, Warmth, White
+Added setting to create a default personal category gallery for a user the first time they visit the gallery
+Added notification system for gallery admins on pictures waiting approval,  comments waiting approval, reported comments and pictures.
+Added checkboxes for gallery admins on image listing page to do bulk operations such as delete, unapprove, move images.
+Total Favorites and who favorited added to the view picture/media page if you have the favorite system enabled
+Added member group color links to many areas of the gallery
+Added gallery navigation bar/tabs to report picture, report comment, view ratings, and view viewers pages
+Added Facebook Like Button as a sharing option on the view picture page
+Added option to search exif make and model
+Added new setting on add/edit category to post to a specific topic when enabling the autopost features for a main category
+New setting to count member comments as posts
+Alternate table row styles in different sections of the admin area to make it easier to read
+Added checkbox approve/delete comments on the approve comments page
+Updated html markup style to improve display for SMF 2.0
+Better Copyright Removal upgrade system
+Added Add Video Link the top gallery tabs if you have the video addon installed
!Fixed paging sorting on the user gallery list page
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:44:30 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 10:33:42 PM »

Nice to see that now when browsing "My images" in the gallery I can see any rating the images have.

Always annoyed me that I had to look in each individual gallery to see the ratings but then I wasn't seeing just my images.

Thanks for the update.  I'm always nervous of updating live sites when updates to the underlying CMS become available.  The number of times I've had situations where the site just keeps bombing out with hidden errors after an update has taught me to leave well alone, although, in my last site that used a more up to date version of drupal (the usual choice for my type of site), it made it so much easier to update the system.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 11:55:50 PM »

the gallery software is updating quite well - i am so glad about it - since ages when updating everything updates smoothly, i just have to reset the 30 day filter for the index page listings

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: