Logo by MarkJayBee - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 04:40:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Self-organization of Vectors (1)  (Read 367 times)
Graph
Alien

« on: December 03, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »

The algorithm „Attractor.jar“ produces a variety of fractal structures which are sometimes unstable and they may jump to other more stable attractors after a longer lifetime. This structures are possible in every Dimension n>1 and the dynamical behavior can be studied with the Java-program„Attractor.jar“ („Attractor.zip“). The description of the algorithm is given in the file „SelfOrganization.pdf“ („SelfOrganization.zip“) and you will find it in the next post „Self-organization of Vectors (2)“.
The algorithm is close to the well known „Mathematical Billiard“ especially „Outer Billiard“ or „Dual Billiard“.

* Attractor.zip (67.65 KB - downloaded 28 times.)
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »

Hallo Graph & Grüße aus Berlin!
At first I was sceptical about an unknown guy with so little postings on the forum asking me to execute a *jar file - i guess that might be the reason why there is so little reaction to your posts.
but then I had a look at your previous posts and just gave it a try.
This is seriously fascinating!
I've been playing around with it for quite some time now and the countless shapes it produces are incredible!
Too bad, I don't have the required background to really understand how you are achieving it. One can't be an expert in every area.. wink

I find the lack of reaction on specific topics in this forum quite frustrating at times, especially if the content is obviously important and probably has fascinating implications - but then again it can be a bit intimidating to answer to topics written by an expert, when you're not really an expert.

Long story short: I hope you keep sharing these, even if there is little response.
I find it very fascinating, and think it deserves a lot more credit (as do self-organisation/fractals in general, I don't get why "serious scienctists" ignore this -in my opinion - absolutely fundamental part of our cosmos)

regards,
chilli

edit: it'S a very good thing you added the easy to use interface.
for those interested: try e.g. setting the last two parameters to graph 15 and perioud 4096, turn on strobe and try a few runs. how could this not be considered incredible. that kind of oscilating, ordered complexity from such little input. wow.
I have to look into this. thx again for sharing!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:02:21 AM by Chillheimer » Logged

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Graph
Alien

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »

Hello chilli!

Yes, to open a  *.jar – file from a unknown site causes me unease, too.
Since it would have been better if I had specified a more secure website.
So the Attractor.jar -file can be downloaded also from

https://opus4.kobv.de/opus4-ohm/frontdoor/index/index/docId/96

Thank you for your assessment and I would be happy to answer any question.

regards,

Graph
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 07:14:41 PM »

I find the lack of reaction on specific topics in this forum quite frustrating at times, especially if the content is obviously important and probably has fascinating implications - but then again it can be a bit intimidating to answer to topics written by an expert, when you're not really an expert.
1. About lack of reaction: an image says more than 1000 words. If you want to show off a cool new fractal generator, display some examples.
2. About (lack of) expertise: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. There is no shame in not knowing everything. There might be shame in not wanting to learn, but even that is dubious, because we just aren't all geniuses of the required level smiley .
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: