Logo by slon_ru - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 06:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: forum spam  (Read 927 times)
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« on: November 19, 2009, 07:17:11 AM »

in the last few days i've reported dozens of spam messages; is anyone else doing this? (trying to gauge scale of the problem)

more to the point, is there any way we can stop the deluge?  police

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »

hmm, right now i have no idea onhow to stop it, as far as i know there is a tiny captcha for registering ....

@all:

please report spam mails ( identificable by urls who show a different url than they actually lead to )

i try to delete them as soon as i get known of it,
additionally i ban the users, so, a short note to my account should be sufficent to get rid of them ...

police police police cop cop cop

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »

what i do is log in and click the "report to moderator" button with a description of "spam" - much more convenient than going to the message centre etc wink

is it perhaps possible to script a rule that says "no external linking for the first N posts"? (and also none in the sig, which incidentally i am guilty of tongue stuck out)

ps. thanks again for your efforts in making this discussion venue what it is trifox!

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:12:53 AM »

is it perhaps possible to script a rule that says "no external linking for the first N posts"? (and also none in the sig, which incidentally i am guilty of tongue stuck out)

that sounds like a good response, right now i do not have any idea how to realize it,
will think about it and intervene wink

ps. thanks again for your efforts in making this discussion venue what it is trifox!

thx a lot, and thank you all for contributing   angel

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »

@lycium, put you in the global moderators group ( dunno why i dont did it before ? )
you are free to (should be able to ) report&execute or just execute ( remove )  evil

additional information: i have reduced the database content from 80Mb out of a maximum of 100MB for
this account to a total of 20mb, by clearing some log tables,this should last for a while, hope things do not develop faster than i can bare ...  wink

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:38:17 AM by Trifox » Logged

---

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: