Logo by slon_ru - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 02:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Rendering problem with Mandelbulb 3D  (Read 5639 times)
Description: Unable to render animation files
OceanTemporal
Forums Newbie

« on: October 16, 2014, 06:13:28 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm hoping that somewhere someone will be able to help me with this problem. Several months ago, I created a couple of animations in the animation maker, made up of 3-4000 frames. I did some test renders (at a low resolution of 400x400) and everything was fine. Before I got around to rendering them at a larger resolution, I changed my o.s. from Windows 7 to Windows XP.
Since then, whenever I open the m3a file/s related to these animations I can't actually render the animation (image) files. I've not changed any of the settings from the original iteration, and I'm using the same version of Mandelbulb 3D (v1.8.9)
The m3a file loads, and the separate key-frames that comprise the animation show (and I'm able to navigate through the fractal via the 3d navigation) but when I click the 'start rendering animation images' button, it shows the image (animation) number done, going from the first to the last, but the numbers are counting up really fast, and no actual image (in the format I've chosen) shows up in the directory where the program tells me that they're being saved - or actually anywhere on my computer. The images aren't being saved.
At first I though perhaps it was a problem with changing o.s. but I've since discovered by trying to render the animation for the m3a file on a different computer (laptop) the same thing is happening. Could this be a problem with a corrupt m3a file? Has anyone else ever had this problem,and is there a way to rectify it so I can actually render the animation contained in the m3a file (I really like the fractal in it) rather than having to do it all by hand (which would take far too long) ?
OceanTemporal
Forums Newbie

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »

Forget the above post, I found out what the problem was. Target directory (loaded by default) was invalid, changed to save in MyPictures & now it works like a charm. I am such an awesome dude!  embarrass
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: