Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:04:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: chaosTube Tutorial #7 - Burning Ship Variant - Complex Duality  (Read 4873 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:54 PM »

turned out it is about complex duality wink spin off videos follow tonight, enjoy, share, like, comment ....
 angel

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JAZbEm8bXYo&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/JAZbEm8bXYo&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Variant Positive X Fold only:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7C529--sh0U&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/7C529--sh0U&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Variant Negative X Fold only:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fIfhjb5iW3g&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/fIfhjb5iW3g&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

evil
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:31:18 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Aexion
Conqueror

The Fractal Hermit

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »

very surprised
Beautiful videos! They explain the whole concept of the complex multiplication symmetry very well!!
Many Thanks!
(Now I'm thinking in angular folding.. smiley)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:31:38 PM by Aexion » Logged

Fractals all the way..
Incendia for 3D Fractals
Aural for Musical Fractals
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »

thank you for the comment, i think it is really good occasion to explain that, for once it bugged me all the time understanding the symetries, but when looking at the result and the point movements from the 2 different folds it became just obvious although my comments seem to be quite rusty i think the visualisation makes up for it wink lol always nice that at least one dude appreciates what i do smiley

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »

very surprised
Beautiful videos! They explain the whole concept of the complex multiplication symmetry very well!!
Many Thanks!
(Now I'm thinking in angular folding.. smiley)

i am more thinking to adjust the burning ship folding operation with a distance similar to the one used in the mandelbox, param value=0 is normal abs() like fold, but param value=1 would fold on the 1 line, since the abs() is so related it would make sense to have an adjustable parameter here wink

---

Aexion
Conqueror

The Fractal Hermit

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 12:30:48 AM »

thank you for the comment, i think it is really good occasion to explain that, for once it bugged me all the time understanding the symetries, but when looking at the result and the point movements from the 2 different folds it became just obvious although my comments seem to be quite rusty i think the visualisation makes up for it wink lol always nice that at least one dude appreciates what i do smiley
Your visualizations are very good and it shows very well the whole process!!  Someday, if you have spare time, try to visualize the Newton fractal..  wink

i am more thinking to adjust the burning ship folding operation with a distance similar to the one used in the mandelbox, param value=0 is normal abs() like fold, but param value=1 would fold on the 1 line, since the abs() is so related it would make sense to have an adjustable parameter here wink

It's an interesting idea, two folding lines, one real and the other imaginary.. I'm just toying with the idea of the angular fold, to see how it looks.. smiley

Fractals all the way..
Incendia for 3D Fractals
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:50:56 AM »

Your visualizations are very good and it shows very well the whole process!!  Someday, if you have spare time, try to visualize the Newton fractal..  wink

It's an interesting idea, two folding lines, one real and the other imaginary.. I'm just toying with the idea of the angular fold, to see how it looks.. smiley

what do you mean by angular fold? take a bias and flip them around that ? e.g. bias 90° 45 becomes 135° and vice versa?

newton fractal:
i am going to cover basically everything BUT one step after another, the newton uses the inverse bailout which needs a special explanation, next is to visualise some minibrots and miniburning ships which is quite interesting as well, and after that i hope to have the time to finish the long planned julia explanation, because the julias explain why the mandelbrot iterations starts at that point 0,0 smiley

i think complex division will need another short explanation as well ( multiply by inverse wink )

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 01:02:33 AM »

and furthermore, the newton is complicated in the way the braces work in the formula its not the division, but i need to adjust the visualisation, because the "z" value is transformed in 2 different ways before divided with each other, i am aware of it for a long time, and it could be done with a branching movement but i am not content with the outcome because it would look veeeery messy and the exponentiation with an always changing exponent is even more confusing, lol i am quite unsure if it can be done in a way that provides insight, one way could be to keep the points that move away from one single z (divisor and dividend) could be connected so that one can at least follow which point is divided by which - quite a good idea nice i try that

but i will certainly work on something like that, especially because i want to generalise the visualisation even further and visualise the process of fluid dynamics because the navier strokes equation is an iterative process as well ( and hence fractal in its most basic form, aside of the fluid dynamic result coming out of it ) , and i want to help people understanding the navier strokes equation (lol although i have never understood it myself, or because of that ) so, it is an ever ongoing process but i am certain in one way or another more complex formulas can be easier understood if it is visualised what they actually do and what problems occur in higher iterations... lol *mad laughter*
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:06:16 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

Aexion
Conqueror

The Fractal Hermit

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 01:41:58 AM »

what do you mean by angular fold? take a bias and flip them around that ? e.g. bias 90° 45 becomes 135° and vice versa?

Yes,
It's just an idea.. imagine that you set an angular window between -30º and 30º..  any point whose angle falls inside this window is unchanged.. if a point has an angle of 40º, then it will be fold to 20º (the radius is unchanged).. same happens if a point is for example, -50º.. since the nearest pivot is -30º, then it's folded to -10º..
When you use abs(x) and abs(y) you use a fold window between 0 and 90º.. but if you plan to use other angles, you need to get the point angle and radius first.. then change the angle and calculate the new point with the radius.
oh well, it's just an idea and need to implement it.. smiley

newton fractal:
i am going to cover basically everything BUT one step after another, the newton uses the inverse bailout which needs a special explanation, next is to visualise some minibrots and miniburning ships which is quite interesting as well, and after that i hope to have the time to finish the long planned julia explanation, because the julias explain why the mandelbrot iterations starts at that point 0,0 smiley

i think complex division will need another short explanation as well ( multiply by inverse wink )

Complex division it really needs a visualization. It's not easy to understand..  smiley

Fractals all the way..
Incendia for 3D Fractals
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 01:55:55 AM »

Complex division it really needs a visualization. It's not easy to understand..  smiley

it has to be introduced with a simple divident, like ^2 for multiplication, ^0.5 would serve that, just halving distance and subtract angle by 1/2 ...

both of the transforms (mul and div, i now they are the same but the show is about explaining most simple stuff, and division and multiplication is observed as different operation, perhaps i can manage to include an explanation that they are "just" reverse to eachother like +/- including a neutral element and completing the space cheesy lols )
can get very confusing when used with other multiplicants/dividents so, point me to a simpler fractal to handle beforehand, i was thinking of the "nova" but before that the "manowar" because this one needs to keep track of the previous location (visualised by lines that stay connected) Sceptical
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:59:26 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 03:01:44 AM »

lol always nice that at least one dude appreciates what i do smiley

As unofficial spokesman for the silent majority, we all appreciate what you do. We are just very silent about it cheesy

The visualisations are impressive and informative. thanks.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 03:22:36 AM »

As unofficial spokesman for the silent majority, we all appreciate what you do. We are just very silent about it cheesy

The visualisations are impressive and informative. thanks.

appreciated, thanks, since one already stated - i am already working on the next issues cheesy

---

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: