Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 28, 2024, 06:46:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: What's this fractal?  (Read 2773 times)
darkwing
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:03:32 AM »

Hi all, this is my first time here, and I was wondering how I could render a fractal like this. Does it have a specific name? Is it even a fractal?

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:34:21 AM »

hi, that's a modified version of my fractal "temptress" (see original here: http://lyc.deviantart.com/art/temptress-38751837) which was ripped and put on desktop nexus.

it was rendered with my own software, which doesn't have a user interface unfortunately, so reproducing something like it wouldn't be easy - i can't even reproduce it because there are no saved parameters and the source code has since changed.

having said that, your best bet is to look for flame-fractal rendering software like apophysis - this is based on similar algorithms as those used in my program.

darkwing
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:50:20 AM »

Thanks for the information, and great job on making that. cheesy
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 04:03:12 AM »

np, and be sure to post your fractal explorations here  afro

btw i'm curious, where did you find that image? judging from the filename it looks like *gasp* 4chan...

darkwing
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »

btw i'm curious, where did you find that image? judging from the filename it looks like *gasp* 4chan...

haha, yeah, it was one of the first images I found on 4chan, and it has been my desktop background for ages. >.<

I'm quite frankly amazed that I stumbled upon this site and not only did someone know about this picture, but the creator responded O_o

I checked out your deviant art too, and you mentioned a poster resolution, but I can't find it for the life of me sad

np, and be sure to post your fractal explorations here  afro

I'll try... I've got a long way too go >.<
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 04:53:31 AM »

you can imagine how disappointed i am that you're probably the only person who's seen this (ripped, modified) image and knows i made it  undecided damn you, internets *shakes fist*

about the poster res version, i don't post it online for reasons that are now obvious, but you can get it from me if you want. send me a mail, and um, please don't rip it.

seconteen
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:11:25 AM »

heheh, good ol' 4chan.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »

do i get this right ? some company used your image, modified the colours and used it for desktop backgrounds ?
nasty nasty .....
 police cop

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 09:41:13 AM »

yeah, if you look at desktopnexus.com you see basically all of deviantart again, completely ripped without credit.

have a look also in the forums, you will find da users complaining and desktopnexus users telling them to f-off etc. really a wonderful site... i can't imagine the worth of owning a site like that, that is hated by so many.

jamie
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »

The information on fractal is very passionate to know about it. It really helps me to learn a lot of innovative ideas from others for their life. It will definitely brings out something out of it. It is a nice idea to be shared by others for their work. Thanks for giving away the finest details there.
vilane
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »

A fractal is a shape and drawn by the computer, that repeats itself in a pattern. The design shapes usually reoccur in different size then the fractal information is very useful for the people. It is the very good idea for share this information for their work.
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

vilane: It's not nessecary to draw fractals on a computer.

In theory, fractals have infinite details. This is easier to approximate with the computer than by hand but certain fractals are actually quite simple-ish to draw if you have enough patience and work accurately smiley

Also, nature uses a lot of fractal structures which can't have infinite details: At least after hitting atomic scales, the recursion has to stop...

But that's the case for the computer aswell: It's impossible to truely zoom infinitely deep without having infinite time and memory (or infinite speed and memory, which definitely is bound by theories of relativity^^)

However it *is* possible to do "infinite" zooms with fractals that totally keep their shapes.

The Sierpinski-triangle for instance starts to repeat very quickly, so you need a very short sequence to make it look like zooming into infinity.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »

@kram please report spam mails, rather than talking to bots cheesy

i will delete the post !

---

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 10:22:18 PM »

lol...
Those bots get creepier and creepier...

Even talk nearly on topic  undecided
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

lol...
Those bots get creepier and creepier...

Even talk nearly on topic  undecided

thanks to wolfram alpha  afro police alien

---

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: