Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 06:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Evolution of the Strange Attractor  (Read 1042 times)
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« on: July 08, 2014, 03:45:47 PM »

The Evolution of the Strange Attractor

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=16376

11x14" Morphing lenticular

Those of you that follow my work know I have been utilizing lenticulars for dramatic 3D in full color without any viewing device. Today I bring you my first morphing lenticular. Since this site does not support GIF animations I will post a still below from the sequence that reviels itself in the actual work as you walk from left to right across it. From Female genitalia to Brain to fractal completes the evolution of strange attractors.
See it here

http://www.louismarkoya.com/#!-Evolution-of-the-Strange-Attractor/zoom/c1n0f/image1zjk

And please visit the rest of the site for more fantastic art

www.louismarkoya.com
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:14:20 PM »

I do like the picture, but had high expectations for the morphing. You just blended some images instead of doing the morphing with/inside the math/code of the fractal. I rather see morphing like these two:

1:

2:
http://mandelwerk.deviantart.com/art/Blattaria-Benoitis-Fractal-Ani-183868395
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »

I guess its one opinion vs another...I used morph software that actually does morph the forms into each other, where your example is a simple move, I don't see any morph at all
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:18:36 PM »

Of course it's a matter of opinion. And I did use some wrongs words, I ment of course that you did the morphing through specialized morping software. Add some images, perhaps point some control points or nets ... and it gets blended/morphed into a video/movie. I just rather have the morphing done inside the 3D/fractal. First example is correct, but the second it only lens distortion. Indeed no growing or morphing. My bad. Something to replace the second example:

(the GIF is 80MB, so please be patient while it loads into your browser cache ... it does run smooth eventually)
Source: http://schmiegel.deviantart.com/art/AmSurf-Animation-463664482
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:14:01 AM »

OK...much better example, very nice morphs or equations.....but in my case I'm morphing a painting of buttocks, 2D to a 3D rendered brain I made in Cinema 4D to the 3D fractal in Mandelbulb...there is no mathematical connection to the images, and the morphing software used was given several control points and geometry to do the morph.
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »

Why "Strange Attractor" when you appear to be using normal escape-time fractals and not attractor orbits ?

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »

Hi David
Of course you are right, but this is a very basic example where the intended use of the term is all that mattered for the artwork

Louis
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: