Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Kalles Fraktaler - inofficial wish-&buglist  (Read 17573 times)
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »

f W * idea: make pseudo 3d possible by using darker version of colour to all points facing southwards and lighter facing northwards.. (know what i mean?)
Not shure if this would do. But Bump map post stransformation can do pseudo 3D. Bump mapping (using greyscale version of the image as a heightmap) can do miracles in transforming ordinary flat picture into pseudo 3D. Like this: http://www.fractalforums.com/new-theories-and-research/solidifying-transformation/
Here is bump mapping
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_mapping
But then you need some customisation or at least good 3D looks on default. Or most of bump mapping I encoutered in fractal software so far was pretty lame and unusable.

fractal catalisator
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 01:36:53 PM »

I have another feature on my mind I agitated for the Ultra Fractal. Colour palletes generated by mathematical functions like in old Fractal Explorer. So the colours looks more vivid and alive if compared with outdated Ultra Fractal gradients or Fractaint map files. Multivawe coulour method is nice but not as much as FE colour style.
Official site seems to be down.
http://www.eclectasy.com/Fractal-Explorer/index.html
But unnoficial are not (but there is no way to get sold source code unless you knwo someone who bought it and I don't):
http://www.angelfire.com/art/fe/download.htm
It is sayd that this feature originated in Sterlingware but I hadn't used it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:38:36 PM by Alef » Logged

fractal catalisator
Diddy
Forums Freshman

Old...But a Newbie to Fractals

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »

@youhn:

Chill!  I have experience only with Ultra Fractal and it does not zoom this far.  My only point of reference is what I have read on this Forum...Fast, Fast, Fast.  So go calm down somewhere, please.

@Chillheimer:

Point taken.  At least your critique of my posts was more civil.  Still zooming on my original attempt.  I usually can't get started until after 6 or 7 at night. (After work)

I am down past e829 and still having fun...That's all that matters at this point.

Thanks for the replies . . . Diddy
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »

I've been ZOOoooming for 3 days!  I will wait until I am satisfied and will get the error for you again.  It is slow but fun still.   wink

Currently at:

Zoom:  8.54533990273E739

I am patient.

Thank You . . . Diddy
With the ldbl64 library working it would be 3-4 times faster.
You could also try mandel machine smiley

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »

I found a bug:

I tried to render a movie with a histogram colouring for the celtic. When I changed the colouring-method I saw that there were 10 instead of 5 methods. The additional five have the same name as the first five. When I rendered the keyframes and wanted to render the movie when I started it the program crashed. When I select the first histogram to render the keyframes I get a black and white colouring and for I select the 9th option (second histogram option) the moviemaker crashed because it has only five options.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 03:37:20 PM »

Yes, I agree with Dagomar!

PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 10:11:59 PM »

Just a quick one: Could the pixel guessing (the little G indicator at the bottom of the screen) start to work after the first pass, instead a later pass? It would make some things about twice as fast.
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 08:31:45 AM »

Maybe two other things:

-A wave-system for colour/iteration -division.

-Have you tried to implement the omnibrot? The first one will not be implemented/hard to implement (according to what you said about the goniometric functions), because the first type contains a sinus fuction. But the second only contains a exponetial function (z=z*z*exp(1/z)+c), do you think it will be possible to do that? (I dont know how the plane transformation should be done which is required for this to make the set correct.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:34:22 AM by Toofgib » Logged

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 05:17:48 PM »

Another thing for the moviemaker. I saw that it is now possible to have the infinity-waves and a normal palette. Could it be possble that you let those two ''layers'' have two different colorcycling speeds? For example the normal palette 1 and the infinity-waves -1. Or the palette 1 and the infinity-waves 2. It this possible to do?

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »

Asking for possibilities ... on this forum ?!!  huh? fiery

What do you mean with the wave-system for colour/iteration-division? Do you want to vary the density of colors based on iteration level? Or waves in the time domain, for the movie maker?

My wish for the movie maker is to do more with the Color division control. In the current situation, you have to set each key frame. Instead I want to set the rate of change in color division control, just as with the cycle control. Enter a speed value once, and it is set until the program hits a keyframe with a new value.
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 08:32:14 PM »

My wish for the movie maker is to do more with the Color division control. In the current situation, you have to set each key frame. Instead I want to set the rate of change in color division control, just as with the cycle control. Enter a speed value once, and it is set until the program hits a keyframe with a new value.

Thats how exactly how it should be described.

PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 08:51:13 PM »

Bug: zooming beyond E 300 gets really slow suddenly.
Temporary fix: Set iteration value to something low like 1, then set it back to what it was before.
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 09:19:46 PM »

Bug: zooming beyond E 300 gets really slow suddenly.
Temporary fix: Set iteration value to something low like 1, then set it back to what it was before.
Can you please verify that you have version 2.7.8?
And please tell me which type of fractal, because only plain Mandelbrot is using scaled doubles between e301 and e600.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 10:05:12 PM »

2.7.8 must have fixed it. I can't seem to reproduce it! I found the bug with 1.7.6 using the Mandelbrot set, however.
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 08:25:51 PM »

While hardly a show stopper, my in-official wish list is to do with the cross-hair.

It only shows whole pixels and the lines (the cross-hairs) are centred on one pixel, thereby making the cross-hair off centre in the small window.  Could this be centred into the window and have a border of half pixels (quarter in the corners), or reduce (by one) the number of pixels being displayed in each direction in the window?  Additionally, if I put my mouse cursor to the edge of the screen the relevant cross-hair line keeps flickering in the area that is off-screen.  I imagine this is using additional resources to keep flickering like that, and is also distracting.

I sometimes leave the program running but don't want it to use many resources while I am doing something else (like browsing) so could the cross-hair window either stop functioning, hide or become inactive when the KF window does not have focus?

Alternatively, could KF have an option to show/hide the cross-hair window?  If I'm brave enough to have two instances of KF running at the same time (it works better if they're in different folders) then there are two cross-hairs on display at the same time, thereby doubling effort.  If I could turn one off it would be better for my ageing laptop.

If you require any additional information please let me know.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: