Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 01:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Apop is slow  (Read 2292 times)
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« on: January 10, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »

Does anybody else have a problem with Apophysis being very slow?  Any change I make on a fractal-in-progress takes several minutes to kick in with the green line at the bottom moving and number of secs/minutes to go showing.  This happens in all versions.  I don't remember it doing that when I first started doing fractals.  Rendering is not slow, just adjusting.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 05:10:15 PM »

Hi, this can happen if you use the "zoom" parameter instead of the "scale" parameter to enlarge the fractal in your image - Apophysis tries to do more iterations in the preview, and basically just grinds to a halt.

If you'd like to try my high performance IFS renderer with Apophysis compatibility, please check it out here: http://chaoticafractals.com/ I've also just linked an intro video I found on youtube in another thread: http://www.fractalforums.com/chaotica/chaotica-introduction-video-by-bakaarts/msg70151/#msg70151

Last but not least, there are a lot of friendly Apophysis experts hanging out in the famous Aposhack deviantArt chat, you should check it out (especially as today is a Friday!): http://chat.deviantart.com/chat/Aposhack

tatasz
Alien

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »

Does anybody else have a problem with Apophysis being very slow?  Any change I make on a fractal-in-progress takes several minutes to kick in with the green line at the bottom moving and number of secs/minutes to go showing.  This happens in all versions.  I don't remember it doing that when I first started doing fractals.  Rendering is not slow, just adjusting.

As lycium said, don´t use zoom in adjustments, if you are using it.
Also, you may lower the preview quality: 15-100 (there is a drop down thingy in the menu, after the render buttons i think) is ok for most fractals, and these values usually give a decent speed.

Please check my gallery: http://tatasz.deviantart.com/
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 03:47:41 AM »

I do tend to zoom a lot and I think using UF 5.04 started that.  Zooming with 5.04 was part of the fun!  If you're talking about the little minus and plus and the drag box. So you think if I back off the zooming it will help?
Are you talking about the resolution when you say drop down thingie?  I was told to keep it high for better quality. 
I will start another tutorial and see if it makes a difference in speed.  Also, I'll check out the links, Lycium.

Thank you.
pslane
tatasz
Alien

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 09:57:06 PM »

I do tend to zoom a lot and I think using UF 5.04 started that.  Zooming with 5.04 was part of the fun!  If you're talking about the little minus and plus and the drag box. So you think if I back off the zooming it will help?
Are you talking about the resolution when you say drop down thingie?  I was told to keep it high for better quality. 
I will start another tutorial and see if it makes a difference in speed.  Also, I'll check out the links, Lycium.

Thank you.
pslane

Its ok to zoom in and out, but to do that, you must use scale, not the zoom.
The preview resolution is the quality of preview, and the render resolution is the render quality. No point in keeping a high preview quality if it slows down your apo.

Please check my gallery: http://tatasz.deviantart.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: