Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 12:40:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Where can I find tutorials on Mandelbulber?  (Read 399 times)
reactorman
Navigator

« on: November 28, 2013, 04:26:13 PM »

Hi all,

I've only really begun to start making 3D fractals with Mandelbulb 3D and only began to scratch the surface with that program.  Out of curiosity, I also downloaded Mandelbulber to see how that program is.  I did see the 1 tutorial on how to create animations with it, but I was looking for some good tutorials on "still" fractals for now.  I've attempted to make a fractal on my own, but it seems that everything I make comes out extremely dark; mostly black with only a few bright pixels; for some reason.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but without a tutorial, I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong.  Can anyone point me out to some good beginner tutorials for Mandelbulber?  I've done some searching on the web, but can't seem to find one.  Thanks in advance!

Jim  -  reactorman
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »

Here you have description of most settings in Mandelbulber: http://sites.google.com/site/mandelbulber/user-manual
If you will still have problem with "dark images" just attach settings file to the post. Then I will analyze what you are doing wrong.

reactorman
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 07:15:14 PM »

Hi Buddhi,

Thanks for your reply!  I think I was just not waiting long enough to see how the render would come out.  It appears that the longer I wait, the "brighter" the image is becoming.  But, I attached one I just made now to make sure it's the way it is suppose to be.  All I did was change from the "default" fractal to "Smooth Mandelbox" and clicked "Render" and this is the image I got.  I see now that while it is rendering the image starts off rather dark, but once the image is fully rendered, it brightens up considerably.  Thanks for taking the time out!

Jim  -  reactorman

P.s.  Happy Thanksgiving!

* Jim - Example.jpg (90.41 KB, 800x600 - viewed 40 times.)
reactorman
Navigator

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »

Hi Buddhi,

I tried to post the "Settings" file, but when I went to save the setting, it did not save with an extension, so it saved it as just a "File" and therefore could not post the "Setting" file.  What should the extension be for a "Setting" file?  Thanks again!

Jim  -  reactorman
reactorman
Navigator

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:34:19 PM »

I'm wondering if I did not download and install the program correctly.  That might be the problem I'm experiencing....maybe.

Jim  -  reactorman
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 10:08:18 PM »

*.fract is the right one and yes, you need to add the extension by hand.
you can also hit "copy to clipboard" button and then paste it in the thread - best within a "code" box.
good luck!

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 11:49:50 PM »

For "Tutorial"
- load and study parameters/setting of the .fract files found in the "Examples" folder that comes with Mandelbulber
- load and study parameters/setting of the .fract files found in the "Examples Settings" and read "User Manual", "Getting Started" and "Tips & Tricks" at the Mandelbulber site that Buddhi posted.

I think when using/ticking SSAO box Shader 2 tab (faster) it is calculated at the end so image can be quite dark until the end. If using/ ticking Ambient Occlusion box Shader 1 tab (slower especially if AO Fast Mode is not ticked)  the colour appears throughout the render.
Or you can use version 1.12 where the colour palatte can be changed and the offset slider used, while rendering which is helpful. Then load .fract file into version 1.19 for final rendering  (note there can be some colour change from the 1.12 version and 1.12's simple fog will not load in 1.19)

Smooth Mandlebox I haven't used yet as it has a longer rendering time.

For inspiration/frustration view the quality images of  Taurus .

Hope what I have written is clear and helps smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: