Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Controlling Glow Color / Intensity in OpenCL rendering  (Read 3194 times)
erstwhile
Alien

@backtracemusic
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:23:54 AM »

Hi.

Just started using Mandelbulber 1.19 on an Windows 8 computer with GPU and I have to say I love how much faster I can render things in OpenCL mode - animation frames render in seconds instead of minutes.

It looks like a lot of the OpenCL stuff is still a work in progress - but I had one question.  When I set the "OpenCL Enable" mode to the middle option "Normal:shadows, glow, fast AO" I can't seem to find anywhere to control the color of the glow.  It comes up dark red regardless of what color I have my glow or iteration fog settings at in the program. 

Is there someplace like a config file where these default values live?  Do I have to tweak one of the "custom formula" constants?

Thanks.
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 07:06:32 AM »

Hi
This "normal" kernel is also designed for previews (like "fast"). Maybe name of it is not so good and gives feeling that it can be used for final renedrings. It is optimized for rendering speed so that's why there is limited number of controls. I tried to avoid form using variables from "outside" because it has some impact on rendering performance (memory access is much slower than computation). Many parameters are hardcoded. However it would be good idea to add control for glow color/intensity. It should not give visible slow down of rendering. I will add this in next version.
To have full control of parameters you should use "full: all shaders" kernel. It includes all effects which are in CPU version (except bitmap textures, yet).

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: