Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Trying to get this 'quarter' fractal to fill the other three quarters  (Read 1771 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »

The following code:

Code:
simon0123-C {
  p  = pixel
  pr = real(p)
  pi = imag(p)
  z  = ((p*100)-floor(p*100))/100
  count = 0:
  zr = real(z)
  zi = imag(z)
  zr = zr * zr + pr
  zi = zi * zi + pi
  z  = flip(zi) + zr
  count = count + 1
  count <= 50
}

Generates the following fractal (I've zoomed out a tiny bit so the shape fits on the screen):

when you set the outside colouring method to tdis (which is total distance orbit travels).

What I'd like to do is modify this so that all four quarters of the image show the detail (so in effect it is a square), but I simply can't work out how to achieve it simply.

I would expect that it would require some sort of abs, but how and where?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:28:57 PM »

I changed the formula to the following code:

Code:
simon0123-C {
  p  = pixel
  pr = 0-abs(real(p))
  pi = 0-abs(imag(p))
  z  = ((p*100)-floor(p*100))/100
  count = 0:
  zr = real(z)
  zi = imag(z)
  zr = zr * zr + pr
  zi = zi * zi + pi
  z  = flip(zi) + zr
  count = count + 1
  count <= 50
}

Which makes the formula produce a square of similar shape, but it appears to be a bit rectangular rather than square.:

Wonder why the aspect ratio has changed.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »

The following code:
    Generates the following fractal (I've zoomed out a tiny bit so the shape fits on the screen):
            http://www.needanother.co.uk/uploads/frac1129.gif
    when you set the outside colouring method to tdis (which is total distance orbit travels).
    What I'd like to do is modify this so that all four quarters of the image show the detail (so in effect it is
    a square), but I simply can't work out how to achieve it simply.
    I would expect that it would require some sort of abs, but how and where?
    Anyone have any ideas?

I changed the formula to the following code:
    Which makes the formula produce a square of similar shape, but it appears to be a bit rectangular rather than square.:
            http://www.needanother.co.uk/uploads/frac1132.gif
    Wonder why the aspect ratio has changed.

First off, what about the parameters to use with the formula??  Secondly, what do you have your image resolution set to??

Gregoryno6
Alien

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 06:00:26 AM »

I would have used Gimp.
(Runs for cover)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: