Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 08:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Juliabulbs by bending  (Read 409 times)
msltoe
Iterator

« on: October 01, 2013, 03:20:03 AM »

I've lost count on the number of hours of sleep I've lost over the years looking for the Holy Grail. I know it's technically not possible, but I always wanted to be able to fuse multiple Juliabulbs together. In the past, I've managed to yz symmetrize a specific Julia set that basically behaves a lot like the burning ship. But I've never been able to symmetrize a z^2 Julia set (where b is non-zero) ... until now. As I was lying awake last night, I realized that if I bent the juliabulbs, I could match up the right polarities so I don't get the mismatched edges. I don't have a perfect bending function yet, and only Julia sets look OK so far, but here's an inner loop code that people can try out:

if (z>0) {d = 1;z=z;} else { d = -1;z=z; }
   z = fabs(z);
   r=sqrt(z*z+y*y);
   z1 = (z*z-y*y)*r;
   y1 = (2*y*z)*r;
   z = z1+z; y = y1+y;
   z = (z)*d;

r = x*x+y*y+z*z;
   x1=(x*x-y*y)*(1-z*z/r);
   y1=(2*x*y)*(1-z*z/r);
   z1=-2*z*sqrt(x*x+y*y+0.25*z*z);
   x = x1+a; y = y1+b; z = z1+c;
   iter++;

And here's a picture of [-0.8,-0.1,0]:

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:26:53 AM by msltoe » Logged
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:30:49 AM »

Woahhhh! afro
I will not say I am happy you are sleepless msltoe but... I love that julia!
Excited to see what more lies hidden in your "bent brot"! A Beer Cup

msltoe
Iterator

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »

I see some promise in this approach, but I will need new bending functions to be able to handle other seed regions. A universally-applicable bending function could lead to a good M-set.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 04:15:05 PM »

I've lost count on the number of hours of sleep I've lost over the years looking for the Holy Grail.
    I know it's technically not possible, but I always wanted to be able to fuse multiple Juliabulbs together.
    In the past, I've managed to yz symmetrize a specific Julia set that basically behaves a lot like the burning ship.
    But I've never been able to symmetrize a z^2 Julia set (where b is non-zero) ... until now.   As I was lying
    awake last night, I realized that if I bent the juliabulbs, I could match up the right polarities so I don't get the
    mismatched edges.   I don't have a perfect bending function yet, and only Julia sets look OK so far, but
    here's an inner loop code that people can try out:   ...........
    And here's a picture of [-0.8,-0.1,0]:
            http://nocache-nocookies.digitalgott.com/gallery/14/803_01_10_13_3_11_42.png

I see some promise in this approach, but I will need new bending functions to be able to handle other seed regions.
    A universally-applicable bending function could lead to a good M-set.

Very cool !!!      champagne toast
With all the bending going on, I am not sure whether to refer to these as the "Kama Sutra" or "Yoga" series of fractals.  Definitely some contortionist techniques involved.     cheesy

Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »

Not bad, certain grailishness in it. Maybe two variable equations could give something.
I know it's technically not possible,
Rucker bulb seems to be closest to it.

fractal catalisator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: