Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Low Iteration Flames  (Read 254 times)
C.K.
Explorer

The Artineer

« on: September 30, 2013, 03:59:23 AM »

Hey everyone, I had a brief question.  I have an interest in making flame fractals at varying iterations so that I can see the unit squares (or triangles) transforming all the way up to the final shape.  I have been using Apophysis for my flames and I've tried reducing the quality on the render (which I know is related to the iteration count), but this just makes the image fuzzy.  Does anyone know how to do this in Apophysis or could suggest a different program for me that could achieve what I'm after?  Thanks in advance!
C.K.
Explorer

The Artineer

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »

Apologies for the double post, but after reviewing a Draves and Reckase paper on flames (The Fractal Flame Algorithm, 2003), I see that flames are made by random points that approach a function rather than an iterated shape transformation.  I apologize if how I'm saying all this seems weird, I'm not quite there on the lingo yet, and I hope I've interpreted that paper correctly.

So I guess the question is is there a means that I can create fractals similar to the ones I make in programs like Apophysis but do it by shape transformation?  Let me know if I'm not being clear enough.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »

The usual approach is to skip drawing on the first 16-20 iterations, to allow the point orbit to approach the attractor (aka removing start-up bias).

C.K.
Explorer

The Artineer

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 05:20:46 PM »

Thanks for your response lycium.  I think my problem was that I didn't quite understand how fractal flames were made in the first place.  I'll do some more research and trial and error and we'll see what happens.  Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: