Logo by teamfresh - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: the junkyard princess  (Read 924 times)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:36:51 AM »

the junkyard princess

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14910

Maybe I found the mother of all Eiffel Tower images. Simple amazing box (_AmazingBoxSSE2, _addC)

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »

the junkyard princess
            http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14910
    Maybe I found the mother of all Eiffel Tower images.   Simple amazing box (_AmazingBoxSSE2, _addC)

Not sure about the "princess" part, or the "Eiffel Tower", but it definitely appears to be a supporting structure for the surrounding levels.     cheesy

alij
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:14:38 PM »

I can see a human like form here - quite abstract
really like the  colours - they seem to flatten the image a bit and put focus on the structure  smiley
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »

Not sure about the "princess" part, or the "Eiffel Tower", but it definitely appears to be a supporting structure for the surrounding levels.     cheesy

If you want to see it that technical, Paul... I see a beautiful princess.  cheesy
Eiffel-Tower means Eiffel-Type Fractals like e.g. Dainbramage calls these classics

@alij
thanks, but in my eyes this princess is not human. I intensionally didn't call her the princess of the junkyard, I called her the junkyard princess. In my ears a significant difference.  wink

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 11:59:07 AM »

If you want to see it that technical, Paul...  I see a beautiful princess.  cheesy
    Eiffel-Tower means Eiffel-Type Fractals like e.g. Dainbramage calls these classics

I cannot help from being technical, for that has been my profession for several decades now, and what I have a college degree in.     educated

Everybody is entitled to see what they want to see within an image, and if you see a "princess", then more power to you.  I was only taking acetaminophen at the time, not any mind-altering drugs like those that apparently you were on to see a "princess".     cheesy

As to the term of "classics" being applied to this style of image, I would have to disagree with you there.  I consider "classics" as something which meets one or more of the following criteria:
  • Noted because of historical associations, such as:
         o   Of or relating to the ancient Greeks and Romans or their culture.
         o   Of or relating to the period of highest development of Mesoamerican and especially Mayan culture about a.d. 300–900.
  • Characterized by simple tailored lines in fashion year after year, for many years.
  • Serving as a standard of excellence and recognized value; of the first or highest quality, class, or rank.

Another words, something that has been around for many years and is the best of its category.  And I do not think that what you refer to as "Eiffel-Type Fractals" are really "classic" examples.   The Mandelbrot, Julia, IFS, L-System, etc. are the ones that are true classics, because they have been around for quite a while, and are recognized by almost all mathematicians and many scientists.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:39:05 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »

As to the term of "classics" being applied to this style of image, I would have to disagree with you there.  I consider "classics" as something which meets one or more of the following criteria:
  • Noted because of historical associations, such as:
          o   Of or relating to the ancient Greeks and Romans or their culture.
          o   Of or relating to the period of highest development of Mesoamerican and especially Mayan culture about a.d. 300–900.
  • Characterized by simple tailored lines in fashion year after year, for many years.
  • Serving as a standard of excellence and recognized value; of the first or highest quality, class, or rank.

Another words, something that has been around for many years and is the best of its category.  And I do not think that what you refer to as "Eiffel-Type Fractals" are really "classic" examples.   The Mandelbrot, Julia, IFS, L-System, etc. are the ones that are true classics, because they have been around for quite a while, and are recognized by almost all mathematicians and many scientists.

While I can not fully follow your definition of a classic - especially when it comes to 3d fractals, the shown fractal type meets the last two of your criteria AND regarding the fact, that the amazingbox appeared in 2010 it has been around for many years (at least two of three jears). The fact that mathematicians or scientists do not recognize this, doesn't say anything at all, 'cause I'm talking about art!
But to shorten this discussion, I would like to extend my term to a "design classic in 3d Fractals" - and it surely is! It has a well defined formula base with hundreds of variations and it has been practiced by many many fractal artists for years.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:40:39 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: