Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 06:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Blue (M-set)  (Read 1160 times)
Description: Mandelbrot
kallisti
Explorer

« on: September 21, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »

Hi. I'm new, and I like blue. I'm also an amateur, so bear with me.

I guess these will be mundane to the seasoned fractalite. It's been a while since I only worked with 1-2 colors, but still feel these speaking to me.
The first two are of course two expressions of the same fractal. Simple, but hopefully someone will enjoy.

The last one I suspect is the bastard son of Eric Cartman and Sonic the Hedgehog, on acid, paranoid. [Edit: Deleted. New, larger version a few posts down]

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:57:49 PM by kallisti » Logged

see - hear
Sodom like there's no Gomorrah
alij
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:25:26 PM »

I like the middle one - the dots make you feel you are traveling inwards.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 06:23:02 AM »

Hi.   I'm new, and I like blue.   I'm also an amateur, so bear with me.
    I guess these will be mundane to the seasoned fractalite.   It's been a while since I only worked with 1-2 colors,
    but still feel these speaking to me.   The first two are of course two expressions of the same fractal.   Simple,
    but hopefully someone will enjoy.
    The last one I suspect is the bastard son of Eric Cartman and Sonic the Hedgehog, on acid, paranoid.
            http://zeuber.deviantart.com/art/Blue-01-401775750
            http://zeuber.deviantart.com/art/Blue-02-401776237
            http://zeuber.deviantart.com/art/Screw-you-guys-I-m-going-home-401777236

Though you have been a member for a few months now, Greetings, and welcome to this particular forum !!!     cheesy

Yes, there does seem to be a lot of blue represented in these images.  And I assume they were all done in Fractal Extreme.  Would have liked to see a closer view of the second image, but the latter Julia was my favorite of these three.

kallisti
Explorer

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 05:06:42 PM »

Thanks for friendly comments. smiley Yep, all Fractal eXtreme.

Uptil now I've mostly saved at my screen resolution, as Fractal eXtreme's "Render poster" feature only uses one core, and "Interpolate Colors" does not work with Virtual Screen (which allows a higher res than screen res, but no AA). Some of the images I've saved over the last few months do not require IC to look good, but most do. The last Julia is also my fave (it was only noise until I tweaked speed and accelleration to the point where everything else disappeared), and it does not require IC, so I am in the process of rendering a 19200x19200p version which will be 4800x4800 with 4x4 AA (not enough in my opinion, the 2400x2400 one will look better). That will take a while though, at least ten days if I wasn't rendering movies at the same time. But one day it will be finished, and I'll post the result here. I hope to one day render a gigantic version.

see - hear
kallisti
Explorer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:17:03 AM »

I didn't want to litter the gallery forum with more blue, so I will post these here. I got the idea of using Mega.co.nz from other forumites.

They're animated .GIF's, but too large to upload to DA. Click the stills to download.

(Sorry about neglecting to center this one.)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:19:13 AM by kallisti » Logged

see - hear
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »

I didn't want to litter the gallery forum with more blue, so I will post these here.
    I got the idea of using Mega.co.nz from other forumites.
    They're animated .GIF's, but too large to upload to DA.   Click the stills to download.
            http://s24.postimg.org/i06rmv5p1/bluanim01.jpg  (Sorry about neglecting to center this one.)
            http://s13.postimg.org/tfxpkph6f/bluanim02.jpg

Both animated .GIF files are using 960x600 size images, and each contains 228 frame images.   The first one is almost 92-MB in size, and the second one is almost 89-MB in size.   Have you thought about making these into a real video format, such as MPEG ??     cheesy

kallisti
Explorer

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »

I have thought about it, however I have never used any video editing software before. That changed today, though, when I downloaded EzVid (or whatever it was called) to combine a bunch of 2GB .AVI's into one. It was super easy, and I think it does images as well. I plan to render a new version of the first one, rotated 90° to fill more space. But I guess I need the practice, I've never uploaded anything to YouTube either. I'll see what I can do. I have the source files in 1920x1200, but Ulead Gif Animator refused to make a .GIF that large. I'll try to make a full-res video file. I do not have an internet connection at home, though, so it could take a while.

Thanks for feedback. smiley

Edit: But how do I get a video to loop??

Another blue one.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:23:42 PM by kallisti » Logged

see - hear
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »

I have thought about it, however I have never used any video editing software before.   That changed today,
    though, when I downloaded EzVid (or whatever it was called) to combine a bunch of 2GB .AVI's into one.   It was
    super easy, and I think it does images as well.   I plan to render a new version of the first one, rotated 90° to
    fill more space.   But I guess I need the practice, I've never uploaded anything to YouTube either.   I'll see what
    I can do.   I have the source files in 1920x1200, but Ulead Gif Animator refused to make a .GIF that large.   I'll try
    to make a full-res video file.   I do not have an internet connection at home, though, so it could take a while.
    Thanks for feedback.  smiley
    Edit: But how do I get a video to loop??

Another blue one.
            http://zeuber.deviantart.com/art/Blue-003-405263704

YouTube is the popular video website for uploading to, but I do not like the quality after they end up modifying one's original copy.   I think the Vimeo website does a better job for hosting videos, at least the quality seems to be better.

As to making a video loop, that is usually up to the video player's setting, and not part of the video file itself.

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 11:46:24 PM »

I didn't want to litter the gallery forum with more blue....
But please do litter the forum with good old Mandelbrot images! smiley
I am sure I am not the only one who loves them!

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
kallisti
Explorer

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 04:06:09 PM »

Would have liked to see a closer view of the second image, but the latter Julia was my favorite of these three.

I can't render the 2nd one any larger while retaining the Interpolate Colors effect, so here's a zoom-in (click through for 1920x1200):

I deleted the Julia from DA and the first post, here's the 4800x4800 version (click through for enlargements):

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:12:03 PM by kallisti, Reason: link » Logged

see - hear
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »

I can't render the 2nd one any larger while retaining the Interpolate Colors effect, so here's a zoom-in (click through for 1920x1200):
            http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/283/9/e/bluuu03ccc_copy_by_zeuber-d6px5c5.png
    I deleted the Julia from DA and the first post, here's the 4800x4800 version (click through for enlargements):
            http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/283/a/2/untitledbzc4aabl_oslash_l_oslash_big3b4800_by_zeuber-d6px3zq.png

I knew there was something more to see in that second image!!!  All of those fine details were lost before, and now they are much more visible to enjoy.    cheesy

kallisti
Explorer

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »

Glad you liked it smiley

see - hear
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: