Logo by blob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Not Your Usual Circles  (Read 3708 times)
Description: Trying some different locations
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: September 12, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »

Here I present: Not Your Usual Circles

This location, 92 zooms in at the following coordinates:

Code:
Real: -0.749,674,145,113,415,092,371,808,592,320,0
Imag: -0.066,148,591,768,752,596,955,558,678,462,0

Mag: 4.952e+027

produces the following image:

Which I like as it has a lovely colour, great detail and doesn't have circles of endless detail (for a change).  I found it using Kalles Fractaler 2 and rendered the image with 3xAA in Fractal eXtreme.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »

Just lovely!

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:44:34 PM »

Thanks.

I couldn't believe when I created the palette how much detail it revealed.

Certainly took my breath away for a minute.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 05:12:41 AM »

Here I present:  Not Your Usual Circles
    This location, 92 zooms in at the following coordinates:

Code:
        Real:  -0.749,674,145,113,415,092,371,808,592,320,0
        Imag: -0.066,148,591,768,752,596,955,558,678,462,0
        Mag:   4.952e+027

produces the following image:
        http://www.needanother.co.uk/uploads/Not Your Usual Circles.png
    Which I like as it has a lovely colour, great detail and doesn't have circles of endless detail (for a change). 
    I found it using Kalles Fractaler 2 and rendered the image with 3xAA in Fractal eXtreme.

An interesting image, and does have detail.     cheesy

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »

Here's the next instalment of this series.

Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »

hi simon! really a beautiful picture - love the palette!

that's a great idea, to use kalles fraktaler for searching a nice spot and then moving to fractal extreme to render.
I tried, but don't have a clue how to get the ..E.. zoomnumber into a ^2 number. I'm more into fractals then in math -and yes, I see the irony wink
could you please tell me how you do this, to get to the same location?
and do you try to transfer the palette as well or search a new one in fractal Xtreme?

regards,
chilli

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 08:39:01 PM »

Hi Chilli

I have no idea how to convert the zoom number into a power of 2 either.  All I do is type in 100, 200, 300 or whatever then hit the up or down controls to get the same E number as it says on the other one.

I don't really like the palette editor on Kalles Fraktaler (it's ok, just not very easy to create smooth palettes) so I only worry about it once I'm in Fractal eXtreme where I load one of my own or set up a new palette to get the most out of the location.

One thing I've noticed (maybe it is just me but who knows) is that the image from KF to FX is flipped on the imaginary axis. E.g. a spiral in the top left in KF is at the bottom left in FX.

Who's right?  How could anyone tell? :-)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:54:10 PM by simon.snake » Logged

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »

Number 3 in the series:

Roquen
Iterator

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

If you have: 4.952e+027, that's 4.952x1027  in base 2 it's: 2^log2(4.952x1027).

log2(x) = log(x)/log(2)  with log the natural log

log2(4.952x1027) ~= 92

All code submitted by me is in the public domain. (http://unlicense.org/)
aleph0
Alien

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »

To calculate required zooms in FX from a known zoom in KF, use this formula:

zoomsFX = log10(zoomKF) * loge(10) / loge(2)

So, for example, if we have a magnification of 32 in KF, the required zooms in FX are given by:

zoomsFX = log10(32) * loge(10) / loge(2) = 5

This also gives the same result as Roquen calculated for the first image in the thread.

To calculate required zoom in KF from known zooms in FX, use this formula:

zoomKF = 10^(zoomsFX * loge(2) / loge(10))

So, taking the same example, 5 zooms in FX, the required zoom in KF is given by:

zoomKF = 10^(5 * loge(2) / loge(10)) = 32

I too noticed the flipping on the imaginary axis in KF. KF is incorrect; easily confirmed by zooming into the top bud of the main cardioid then displaying the Set Location window (which then shows a negative imaginary component for the image centre, whereas it should be positive). When setting a specific image location in KF, I just reverse the sign when entering the imaginary component in the Set Location window. It's such a trivial workaround, I've never bothered flagging the problem to Karl.

Nice images Simon. Great locations and colours.

John.
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 12:06:26 AM »

Thanks for the nice comments.

Always nice to be appreciated.

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

Number 4 in this series:

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »

Number 5 in the series:

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »

Your images are just lovely and amazing.
Your "glowing" colors are different from the other masters here and makes a very nice variation.

To get from power of 10 to power of 2, simply multiply with 3.3 smiley
Standard double-float-based calculators for calculating log won't work anyway when zooming deeper than e300

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »

Number 6 in the series:

We're getting closer to another 'tear' in the fabric...

Thanks for the great reviews.  I welcome feedback, both good and bad, so I can work on what needs to be made better.

I'm certainly getting a bit more clued up in how to find interesting Mandelbrot areas, as they are the ones that show the nicest detail.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:20:41 PM by simon.snake » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: