Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Prototype of evolution  (Read 953 times)
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« on: September 09, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

This is something special, but not just because of its beauty. This image shows the evolution of mandelbrot tree structures. On the far right (almost not visible in the image) the tree has only few branches. The trees next to it have more and more branches, although they all appear twice. The tree in the center has an s-shape. In this image you can see exactly the intermediate steps before reaching the s-shape. This is the evolution of the S with tree-structure in one single image!

Another interesting aspect of this image it that the overall shape seems to approach the shape of a very well-known julia set:

Conjecture: when the method to create this structure is iterated infinitely, the overall shape approaches the shape of a julia set.

To find this shape in high-density locations it's almost impossible to work with fractal extreme because of the depth and iteration count. Therefore I have started to use kalles fraktaler. For exploring at great depths, kalles fraktaler is better at the moment, especially since it now renders from center -> outwards.

Why is this a prototype?
Usually it happens that the images that I post here are not original discoveries. I optimize and tweak my method to find a particular shape, then apply the method to a few different, more interesting locations to see how it turns out there and then decide where to make the final render. As you may be able to tell, this one is in the needle, which is the most efficient location to explore, but not always the most beautiful location to make final renders of structures. I'm too exited about this shape not to publish it already, so I made a gradient and rendered it. I want to make another render of this shape in a different part of the mandelbrot set, accompanied with nice structures.

Coming soon: the same shape in a different part of the mandelbrot set. (SFT really helps here)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:16:10 PM by Dinkydau » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:36:59 AM »

This is something special, but not just because of its beauty.  This image shows the evolution of mandelbrot tree structures.
    On the far right (almost not visible in the image) the tree has only few branches.  The trees next to it have more and more
    branches, although they all appear twice.  The tree in the center has an s-shape.  In this image you can see exactly the
    intermediate steps before reaching the s-shape.  This is the evolution of the S with tree-structure in one single image!

Yes, it is an interesting image!!!     cheesy

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »

Awesome! It is exiting that you are exited, of a discovery you made. smiley

An efficient way is indeed to use my app to find the locations and then Fractal Extreme, with it's color abilities and --no glitches!-- to render the final images.
Cool!

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:40:56 PM »

Thanks
From now on I'll try to be more exited so that you are (even more) exited as well. wink

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: