Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:54:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: zoom movie 1,225 zooms at 122,395 iterations  (Read 6357 times)
Description: rendurus uncompleteus
roy123
Forums Newbie

« on: July 12, 2013, 02:38:32 AM »

Is there a way to break up the rendering of a fractal extreme movie?  my computer is 3.4mhz 16g ram, nvidia card, ssd  for c:, etc. The movie always gets aborted (although survives as a partialy finished but functioning form) by an accidental/unintended reboot of the computer - it is my main computer.  The longest it went for was about 7 days when I accidently pulled the plug - litteraly.   hurt A Beer Cup

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Roy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:41:02 AM by roy123, Reason: exteraneous character » Logged
plynch27
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 05:58:14 AM »

Is there a way to break up the rendering of a fractal extreme movie?

In the Preferences dialog, there's a checkbox labeled "Advanced". (edit: The Preferences dialog isn't your standard OK\Cancel\Apply settings dialog. The only way to effect the changes you've made is to press Enter -- it doesn't matter which object in the dialog currently has the control. Pressing Enter will effect the changes and close the Preferences dialog.) When you pull up the Render Zoom Movie dialog, it will now have a textfield labeled "Starting Zoom". Bruce coded that in a way that keeps the math simple. If you're restarting a render from its first interruption, simply copy the zoom level you would see in the Zoom Movie Player when it's paused on the very last frame of the incomplete render into the "Starting Zoom" textfield of the movie render dialog. If it's not the render's first interruption, add the end zoom levels of all the previous incomplete renders and type that sum into the Starting Zoom textfield. You will have to rerender the last frame of the previous movie file, but it wasn't always like this. Awhile ago, an incomplete render will end in a pure black frame that the movie player would then try to zoom in on. The only way to delete the black frame from the final zoom video was to rerender the last 3-4 frames from the incomplete render to cover up the black frame which at high zooms could mean that you just lost 1 or 2 days of work.

This also works for zoom movies whose final magnification isn't an integer. Yes, there are much more complicated things going on here, but Bruce has coded the program around them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:10:19 AM by plynch27 » Logged

If you'd like to leave me a text message, my 11-digit phone number can be found in π starting at digit 224,801,520,878

((π1045,111,908,392) mod 10)πi + 1 ≈ 0
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: