Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 04:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Bug or feature request, but it took me a while to figure out...  (Read 1484 times)
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« on: July 04, 2013, 10:45:49 PM »

I think it's a bug, but it will probably be designated a missing feature by others, so hence the title  angel

If you render a parameter set with the volumetric light option, then switch of that light (which sometimes creates a much nicer volumetric light effect) and then save the m3i (or m3p) file, you will not be able to reproduce the results if you open the m3i file and rerender. In fact the results are totally unpredictable. Try rendering the below parameter set:

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....S....O/...w....2...............1.......s1E................................
........................................kz1........Y./..................y.2...wD
...Uz6....k/..../M.0/...........O.....E3.....omEQgisq6rD/..........m/dkpXm1....U
z.....kD12../..........wz.................................U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDYsAIxzzzjz1..........WAbUdisqcljRRxgCKosEwnYRydIKa5uzwPN9SaPRGyDFHQlSHA1
Iw1iNMIOip7tzqF/G0ZZtVyDU.....YZ..............sD.6....sD.6G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....zw1.........................................3....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....U5...kL....m....c3....F....6/...I1.....SF52
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.pc..zXCc..kvrEtMc7xD6ocyFE0ujz1..........I.28.kFrA0.
.IXX.UYzyy9.6WWPM.psz.kNnmBoLVxj/EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNPcveeWCNq0.yRiibHJJUk1f..XR
SvBmx3CcN/UvNPcvQsLsUa3.ibhVi1bTV1OK.sSq4uCly3CcN/UvNPcvMwLsUa3.ibhVinqTV1OK.sSq
4uCkz3CcN/UvNPcv..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E6...AE.W6E..........6....EGiFLNbJaQU.pPrJaQ.........................c..........
...................6./........zj................................................
................................................................................
.....................2.....3....0....wJEh3aSdtqN0x4S............................
.Q.............................E........Uz1.....................................
................................................................................
................................/....E/...U0....X3KSgJKSHJbQaZYFH/..............
............Cs....U.4MU/................sz1........../..........................
.....cNaNaNaNazD........kz1.......cJ.1.......O3k.......UK/A.....................
............................................}
{Titel: Mandelbulb 3D    v1.8.9}

If you see the same as I do, you'll see something resembling the start screen of M3D. If you open the 3DNavi, you'll see a more accurate approximation of the set. If you switch on the second light, rerender, and then switch of the light you will see the intended result.

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:01:43 PM »

Indeed, if the light is not on, the volumetric light will not be calculated.
I designed it this way, so i would not call it a bug  wink
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:26:58 PM »

Uhh Yup.... That sounds reasonable  embarrass And I would understand it if that was the only thing that happened. Fact is however that more steps are bypassed. Indulge me and try to render the parameter set I added. Then check the 3D navi to see what should have been rendered...

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:41:37 PM »

Uhh, i see... it just stops - without a message or something.

Kind of suboptimal  laugh
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: