Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 07:09:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractals from London  (Read 1678 times)
Description: Hello from a new member
dom767
Explorer

dom767
« on: June 09, 2013, 12:52:49 AM »

Hi all,

I've been working in graphics for 15 years or so and the most recent raytracer for 12 months or so now. I've chronicled a lot of the code I've been working on at my site (www.woo4.me)

I've recently started working on various fractal algorithms including a menger sponge object:
http://woo4.me/wootracer/menger-fractals/

and a new scripting language for generating my own fractal objects:
http://woo4.me/wootracer/wooscript/
http://woo4.me/wootracer/compound-rotations/

I'm working on extending the procedural object language at the moment, but hopefully I'll have time to do some mandelbulb renders over the next few months too.

So hello, hope you like some of the stuff I'm doing, hope I learn a lot more through this forum! smiley

Ta,
Dom

PS Here's one of my latest prototype renders...

hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 10:18:38 AM »

Wow!  This image was occured a new corrupt suffix "JPG-LARGE", I just ask me , who generate this strange suffixes for files *JPG and *PNG?

huh? hrmm
dom767
Explorer

dom767
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »

I'm guessing it's just a hint to the twitter image server to serve the fullsize image and not a thumbnail.

Does the image show up ok in your browser? If not I can link the image directly from my webhost instead. Hope you like it anyway...

Dom
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »

Some are pretty cool.

And

Maybe Bernsley Fern
http://www.fractalforums.com/ifs-iterated-function-systems/3d-barnsley-ferns-and-firs/

fractal catalisator
eiffie
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:58:22 PM »

I was going to say it looks a little like StructureSynth from our own Syntopia but I see you know of it. Very interesting stuff!
dom767
Explorer

dom767
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »

Thanks for highlighting a few of your favourites Alef. I'll be doing some more fractals over the next few days. Starting with the pythagoras tree, but maybe I'll add in a barnsley fern too. smiley I didn't realise Syntopia was the StructureSynth creator, I hope he doesn't mind my little homage. smiley
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 12:00:57 AM »

Thanks for highlighting a few of your favourites Alef. I'll be doing some more fractals over the next few days. Starting with the pythagoras tree, but maybe I'll add in a barnsley fern too. smiley I didn't realise Syntopia was the StructureSynth creator, I hope he doesn't mind my little homage. smiley

Of course not. Your examples look great - looking forward to see some more experiments with that path tracer!
Jhone.AbrahM
Forums Newbie

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »

hi this is really very interesting and amazing I am soon also woking on it tease

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:20:47 PM by Jhone.AbrahM » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: