Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 06:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fracZi is now on Google Play  (Read 4281 times)
Description: fracZi allows you to enter formulas for your fractal and color rendering.
JackNorth
Forums Newbie

« on: March 25, 2013, 08:52:36 PM »

Please check out fracZi on google play.

With fracZi, you can enter your own formulas for both your fractal as well as how color is rendered. FracZi supports RGB, CYMK, and HSL color modes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jnn.fraczi.lite

I hope you like fracZi!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

If I had a mobile device, I'd check this out.  Meanwhile, I removed your duplicate thread.  No need for multiple threads on the same topic   police

Feel free to post some images or screenshots or whatever else you like.  Maybe even enter something from it in our upcoming contest   cheesy

I look forward to seeing your work.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
JackNorth
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »

Hello and thanks. I noticed this mobile section after posting the last one. Sorry about that.

On my phone now, but I have many images from the app here.
https://plus.google.com/b/101718971112649521891/101718971112649521891/posts#photos/101718971112649521891/albums

FracZi is a true color fractal rendering app that allows you to enter formulas for the main equation and rendering color in three color modes.

Using fracZi

When fracZi starts, it begins calculating the default fractal. The fractal is displayed in stages on your screen. At each stage, the number of iterations and effective infinity is increased. FracZi displays the rendering progress at the top of your screen.

At any time, you can choose to zoom or pan your view of the fractal. To zoom or pan, draw a diagonal line with ONE of your fingers on the screen (fracZi will highlight the area for you). Once you lift your finger, fracZi will ask if you want to Zoom or Center. If you select zoom, fracZi will begin calculating the fractal so that the area you selected fills the screen. If you select 'Center,' fracZi will begin calculating the fractal so that the area you selected is centered in the screen.

When you choose to zoom or center, fracZi displays a preview on your screen and immediately begins recalculating the fractal based on the new location. The preview image may appear pixilated until fracZi recalculates the pixels.

fracZi comes with several fractals to explore. To change the fractal you're exploring, use your device's menu button, and then select 'Open.' Choose a fractal from those displayed.

Any fractals you have saved will be available to load in addition to the fractals provided with fracZi. Once your fractal is loaded, you can open the 'Custom' screen where can access the formulas and rendering details.

fracZi allows you to control many aspects of the rendering process. You can enter formulas for the main equation, seeds, infinity, iterations, red, green, blue, hue, saturation, balance (brightness), cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. Images can be shared and/or saved as a PNG file.

Formulas are constructed of tokens and tokens can either be an operator (=,-,*,/,^) or an operand. Operands can be literal numbers, variables, functions, or even sub-formula.

Supported variable are:
  • Z  (The complex number that is fed back into the equation. Z= A + Bi)
  • A  (the real part of Z)
  • B  (the imaginary part of Z)
  • C  (the current position in the x, y coordinate system C= X + Yi)
  • X  (the real part of C)
  • Y  (the imaginary part of C)
  • N  (Number of iterations before breaking out of the loop)
  • P  (the total number of iteration allowed before breaking out of the loop)
  • T  (the maximum iterations before rendering stops)
  • M  (the current infinity)
  • I  (the current infinity)

Formulas also support functions. The allowed functions are:
  • LOG
  • EXP
  • SIN
  • COS
  • TAN
  • COM
  • ABS
  • MAX
  • MIN
  • BOUND
  • WRAP

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:28:44 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged
JackNorth
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:51:08 PM »

@COM(@ABS(A),@ABS(B))^2 + C
HUE: .654678
SAT: M * 2/(@abs(a)+@abs(b))
LEV: 1 - (n/p)

Z ^ @tan(z) + c
HUE: .565556555
SAT: a/b
LEV: 1-@log(z)

@exp(z)/@tan(c)
HUE: .6944444
SAT: @abs(b/a)
LEV: 1.5 ((a+b)/(m/2))
JackNorth
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »

CYMK

Z ^ 3 + c

C: N/p
M: @bound(m/b,.3,1)
Y: @bound(m/b,0,.cool
K: @log(@tan(z))

Z ^ Z + C

C: (n/2)/p
Y: 1-((N/2)/p)
M:@log(@abs(a))/(2^n)
K::@log(@abs(a))/(2^n)
JackNorth
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »

A bunch of people have been asking about realtime rendering. Yes, this app renders to the screen in realtime.
bkercso
Fractal Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 08:25:29 AM »

Hi!
An other great app, thank you!
Maybe a draw precalculation feature (with large pixels) accelerates the selecting the desired area for fine calculation.
Coloring method is very creative. Do you plan integrate color palette handling into it? I think about this would use one equation to give value for each calculated pixel, then use a color palette. This would result more "true color-like" images. smiley
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:28:41 AM by bkercso » Logged
JackNorth
Forums Newbie

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 03:19:01 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

The app does employ a 'pre-calculation' type optimization.

The fractal is displayed in stages on your screen. At each stage, the number of iterations and effective infinity is increased. FracZi displays the rendering progress in real time.

You can render a image similar to a limited palette by used only one channel in a color mode (set the other channels to a constant).
for a typical scheme, use only N/P for color rendering (on one channel). I would call this less true-color.

Something like this
Red = N / P
Green = 0
Blue = 0

thanks again

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »

This just needs a try!

Is there a palette support too?