Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Free Offsite Flame Fractal Rendering In Seconds  (Read 3841 times)
magister94
Forums Newbie

« on: February 24, 2013, 08:05:20 AM »

So I've heard that a lot of people who play with flame fractals still use their cpu to render and I thought I could offer my services to those who would accept it and render their flame fractals for them!

I've created a website for people to upload their .flame files and receive a 1080p image in less than a minute of rendering.

This service is completely free because I love fractals and I love programming. cheesy But you can only upload one fractal at a time for now. I may allow animations for $ in the future.

There is a resolution limit of 1920 x 1200. (If you would like a larger limit email me and ill see about creating an account system. Can only give high res renders to people i know aren't spammers.)

I know how crappy the site looks, but I like coding the back-end stuff. I LOATH working on making it pretty. Maybe later.
Render your flames here: http://gameon.dyndns-server.com/renderFlames (its a free hostname! shutup!)

Please leave feedback! I want to know what you guys think!
willvarfar
Explorer

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »

Very neat!  What kind of hardware exactly is backing it up, for the curious inquirer? smiley
magister94
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »

Very neat!  What kind of hardware exactly is backing it up, for the curious inquirer? smiley
Two 5870s. Originally bought the 2nd one to crossfire. BUT, turns out the 5000 series are complete crap at crossfiring. However, it does double performance when rendering fractals!
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:29:22 AM »

Let's test this.

Doesn't work, unfortunately. The returned file is empty:
http://gameon.dyndns-server.com/renderFlames/pngs/5132b5416e0a2.png
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:33:29 AM by Dinkydau » Logged

magister94
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:50:16 AM »

Let's test this.

Doesn't work, unfortunately. The returned file is empty:
http://gameon.dyndns-server.com/renderFlames/pngs/5132b5416e0a2.png
I checked it out, the renderer I'm using doesn't like 3d stuff. It should work with anything from Apophysis, and some things from 7x that have no special 3D variables. I'll try and expand the compatibility but for now only Apophysis works for sure.
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:35:55 AM »

As I read this I still ask myself (as I read something similar some months ago) why one should think that rendering a flame fractal on a CPU should need "hours". I'm doing some decent flame rendering in Java for a while, does it needs hours? Never! And I do not even concentrate on the fastest rendering because I have other priorities.

So please do not misunderstand me, I think that your service is a nice idea. But I'm irritated by the myth that flame fractals on a CPU are per definition slow. Or of which CPU's we are talking about here?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:38:44 AM by thargor6 » Logged
magister94
Forums Newbie

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 04:55:15 AM »

It may not take hours on all CPU's, It only takes my 6 core AMD 45 minutes to create an image my GPU's can create in 20 seconds. I'm just going on the assumption that many people still have dual core processors which may legitimately take a couple hours.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:18 AM »

Omg, even apophysis 7x renders the flame that I submitted wrongly. I have never had that before. This one works perfectly.
http://gameon.dyndns-server.com/renderFlames/pngs/5132c8e9a254c.png

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:29:34 AM »

OK, thanks, and again, please do not take is as criticism, I just was curious by the statement, that a CPU implementation is that just slow.
But if you have reached such a great improvement, this is really cool. I also had tried to port my renderer to GPU, but it failed, because it was finally too limited. Either it was fast or it was (for me) too limited. So I dropped this, because I'm targettting more complex renders rather than speed.
But if you have built a GPU-compatible renderer which is able to render a flam3 or Apophysis-compatible flame there is maybe a way to collaborate. I'm building a general plattfrom-independant flame fractal software based on Java. It currently includes strong flame-creating/editing, flame-batch-rendering, flame-keyframe-animation and sound-synchronized flame animation. Just note me if you are interested or just have a look at my site :-)

Cheers,
Andreas

magister94
Forums Newbie

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 02:29:07 AM »

Actually, the renderer itself is not my creation. I'm just interfacing with this renderer http://sourceforge.net/projects/flam4/files/Flam4OCL/ using php, mysql, and python. However, since the development of this software is long since deceased, I hope to continue it after learning F#.
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »

Very good concept A Beer Cup

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
ubudragon
Forums Newbie

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »

works perfect! thanks!

by the way, anybody know how to render very large flames with flam4cuda? using video-card with only 1Gb memory
for exmpl 10000x10000?
mfeemster
Alien

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »

works perfect! thanks!

by the way, anybody know how to render very large flames with flam4cuda? using video-card with only 1Gb memory
for exmpl 10000x10000?

You can do this with the command line portion of my program located here:

https://github.com/mfeemster/fractorium/wiki

It has the following benefits over flam4:

-Actively maintained
-Fixed numerous bugs from flam3 and Apo
-Support for rendering a large image in pieces ("strips" gotten from the flam3 command line programs)
-Support for Apo 3D fields zpos, pitch, yaw, perspective and z blur
-Support for most of the popular Apo plugins in addition to the 98 "standard" ones from flam3. More to be added in the future.
-Single and double precision support
-Extremely fast

Rendering in the UI is more intuitive than the command line, but I haven't yet added strips support there yet. So for now, that option is only available on the command line.

Send me a PM or email if you've got any questions.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: