Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:46:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Look forward to learning about fractals  (Read 498 times)
Description: Just saying hello
vinniefracker
Forums Freshman

« on: January 28, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »

I look forward to eventually pushing the envelope on this fractal thing to help me communicate.

I plan to start with Mandelbulb because that seems to be the most "accessible" 3D fractal app available, and it is free javascript:void(0).

I noticed that a lot f the tutorials seem to be done on PCs.I am on a Mac so I am particularly interested in learning about any advantages, limitations and quirks on the Mac format.

Thanks to all for this site.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:07:59 PM »

Welcome to FF!

You don't need to post multiple similar messages in different sections of the forums. I advise you to look at the most recent posts (you'll find the link towards the bottom of the homepage).

Mandelbulb3D is a PC program but many Mac users play with via different mechanisms. I don't know anything about Mac but it seems to work the same as on PC. For some time I have used in on Linux via Wine.

I think the links to tutorials have been provided to you in another post. I would suggest to google "Mandelbulb3D tutorials" as well wink

Enjoy!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
vinniefracker
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I have some difficulty knowing to which categories my queries belong or what is a "similar" question, but I will work on it. I recognize and respect the issues of multi-posting the same questions.

From one question I asked, I was pointed to a solution under another topic listing. I took it that I should ask the question there so I re-stated the question. Would you consider this re-posting a similar question or should I expect that whoever reads that question is aware of my previous question?

I came to FF from a search for Mandelbrot and Mac. I found that there was some discussion from Mac users but I have not figured the best place to get help from people who are using Mandelbulb on Macs. It is rather a waste of time to ask questions or read about solutions which will not work on my computer. Can you give me some advice on this?

Thanks again for your help.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »

It seems that multiple discussions point to this thread: http://www.fractalforums.com/multi-platform/run-almost-any-fractal-program-on-mac-!/

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: