Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: more lights + navigator bookmarks  (Read 571 times)
nokturnal
Forums Newbie

« on: January 04, 2013, 07:34:54 PM »

recently found this program, and absolutely love it. especially the lighting part. 6 lights isnt nearly enough tho! something like 18 would be great, unlimited would be awesome!

also, i tend to spend a lot of time navigating around to different sides/places in the fractal im working on, just to see what any changes ive done look like. it would be a super timesaver if one could bookmark different camera positions in the navigator.
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »

, i tend to spend a lot of time navigating around to different sides/places in the fractal im working on, just to see what any changes ive done look like. it would be a super timesaver if one could bookmark different camera positions in the navigator

you may even if how is not too obvious :

in the 3d nav click "ani Keyframe" that was mainly  for animation needs , but does the trick to preserve the info on the various positions

Thinking better i don't know how to retrieve that info once closed the session, ...it is even possible that is explained in that included read me file that is included in the program zip

As far the lights i seldom use all the lights.. , anyway i will be not against more lights but i have no idea of the work required to implement a similar change
nokturnal
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:06:45 AM »

ahh, thanks, didn't occur to me that one could use the key frames!

regarding the light, when using global lights, im sure 6 is more than enough, however i really like the fact that you instaed can use positional lights to light up exactly the part of the fractal you want, in the color you want.
in that case 6 lights isnt very much at all.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:27:51 AM »

problem with the keyframes is that params are stored as well, so, as far as i know, you wont be able to use it just for re-looking at something after you changed something ... sad

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
nokturnal
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »

problem with the keyframes is that params are stored as well, so, as far as i know, you wont be able to use it just for re-looking at something after you changed something ... sad

they dont store after just changing some parameters?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: