Logo by Dinkydau - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 10:07:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: First animation test  (Read 959 times)
Description: First animation test
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« on: December 18, 2012, 07:32:07 AM »

Just started learning about animation.
Used virtualdub for image sequence to uncompressed avi.
Uploaded uncompressed avi to YouTube but lots of compression artifacts from their transcode.

Any animation tool tips will be appreciated.

Using Handbrake for conversion/compression to mp4.
Future uploads to YouTube will have to be compressed mp4.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wopgblU2WYs&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/wopgblU2WYs&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:10:24 AM by 0Encrypted0 » Logged
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »

Ooh..I'm happy to see more of those shapes, I saw some of your similar pics in the gallery section.  wink

This one moves pretty fast to be able to latch on to any details though. My biggest problem at first was not rendering enough images between keyframes.

I recently made a new video tutorial that shows my basic steps for creating a simple morphing animation. It might have something useful for you
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qGXtLqzAk0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9qGXtLqzAk0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

My digital creations: let me show you them
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »

This one moves pretty fast to be able to latch on to any details though. My biggest problem at first was not rendering enough images between keyframes.
I started out at 24fps but had to increase to diminish flickering noise in the detailed areas.
Are there any virtualdub filters that can help with that type of noise?
Motion blur perhaps?

I tried Microsoft ICE on this video and got a panorama.

I am experimenting with low frame rate animation as a camera panning app so I can create panoramas.
I am about to install Hugin to see if I can create multi-row pans and overcome some of the limitations of Microsoft ICE.

I recently made a new video tutorial that shows my basic steps for creating a simple morphing animation. It might have something useful for you
I watched that along with all your other video tutorials on Mandelbulb 3D.
I like seeing you on camera in the tutorial.

I am continuing to learn about morphing shapes and moving the camera.
I liked your camera technique on "Mandelverse Express 005 - Out of The Box"  where you zoom in quickly to hover in front of an object and then slowly pan before moving on.

Thanks for subscribing to my YouTube account as well as comments to my videos.

Exploring Overseer's Domain
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 12:55:51 AM »

Yeah, you've got a good start on the anims already, I can tell you've got the 'bug'. smiley I really liked that one with the morphing fog.

Here is the animation file for that morphing box video. You can take a look at the keyframes to see how I did the camera. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkb5lu2mvij1zvl/MandelverseExpress5-anim.m3a

My digital creations: let me show you them
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: