Logo by slon_ru - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 17, 2024, 12:00:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Anyone could do something for Symbian S^3 devises like N* or E7 or LUmia  (Read 2970 times)
NewSoulImploaded89
Forums Newbie

« on: November 21, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »

Hello i am big fan to Nokia and i got 2 devices but unfortunately there`s no fractal software for them. I do not understand math, so could anyone write that kind of software?
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »

Seems like a good idea. wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

I've got a symbian mobile too. But symbian is dead. Except some exotic devices, there are no symbian phones available anymore. I guess noone will develop for a dead system.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »

I guess noone will develop for a dead system.
Right, and it was a pain when it was not dead, so I'm somewhat comfortable with it ;-)
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »

Symbian is dead - and I don't think any 3rd party developers are in the least bit bothered - they're development software was as buggy as Windows Mobile, as hard to use as Android and with more restrictions than Apple's iOS.
However if you try poking around Symbian/Nokia related forums you may find some hobbyists who first started programming via the Symbian OS - they're the most likely to be interested in developing something in the same way that some are still developing new Z80 and C64 software wink

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 12:21:23 AM »

Unfortunately for me too, my wife and I both have Symbian S^3 devices.  I have an N8 which I got for the 12MP camera mainly, and she has a N500 which is an entry level phone.

I found the amount of software available sadly lacking, and unfortunately, Nokia have moved on to Windows Phone.

In some ways, if a Symbian foundation were created (did it ever go away or just get sucked up by Nokia) and could persuade Nokia to relinquish the old Symbian source back to them, some fantastic new operating systems could be created.

Still, I have found a limited generator of the mandelbrot set.  It has no zoom out, renders very slowly, has limited colour capacity and is pretty awkward to use, but for something to simply tinker with once in a while, it fills a small hole.  Think it is simply called fractal.  Should be available for free from the Ovi Store.

Hope that helps.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: