Logo by tomot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal landscape  (Read 1140 times)
Description: A landscape made from a Mandelbrot set
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: February 04, 2009, 04:13:41 AM »

This is a landscape image I created in FractalWorks, a free, high performance fractal renderer for Macintosh computers.

I used distance estimate data to generate a height map, then rendered the result in OpenGL.

I created the original image at a larger size, then downsampled it using "Bicubic sharper" in Photoshop, which does a good job of antialiasing the final image.

The clouds were added in Photoshop.

Click here to see the plot details, along with a link to recreate the image yourself if you have a recent version of
FractalWorks:

Mandelbrot 2 2_1_09

I've also created anaglyph and cross-eyed stereogram versions if anybody is interested.

Duncan C

Regards,

Duncan C
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »

beautiful, and nice colors ... i know it is standard earth colors, but i love my earth ....  angel

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: