Logo by mario837 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sunset at Aexion Mercury Rice Fields  (Read 820 times)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« on: October 26, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »

tomaya
Alien

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 12:40:41 AM »

Really nice , The details in the "fields" are awsome , very good random ....i'm new here , just start playing with formulas .Incredible tool and you use it very well .....

Thomas Marqué .  Vfx Lead .Digital District , Paris.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »

Thank you Tomaya, this is a single formula, so you should be able to go here rather easy, just load the Aexion1 formula (in 4D formulas) in the first formula tab and zoom in on it.
Good luck with your findings, this will take all your spare time from now on!  afro

tomaya
Alien

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 10:15:44 AM »

I'm already lost in the Amazing surf , ah ah ah ...      ...Thanks for the tip Kraftwerk , i see that the fractal community is very reactive and that's cool .
Maybe you could help me for something....as you can see on my signature i'm vfx supervisor in Paris and working on a movie feature called "Alpha" .
For the moment i'm on the oppening sequence ....The big bang (!!) : The goal : I'm trying with mb3 to go from a perfect sphere to a sort of hyper-complex form
growing in the empty space ....    I've a lot's of complex form with mb3 as you can imagine , but it's really hard to reach the sphere in a same group of formulas .
How can i start with a perfect sphere wthout animate the formulas iterations ?  undecided

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »

For the moment i'm on the oppening sequence ....The big bang (!!) : The goal : I'm trying with mb3 to go from a perfect sphere to a sort of hyper-complex form
growing in the empty space ....    I've a lot's of complex form with mb3 as you can imagine , but it's really hard to reach the sphere in a same group of formulas .
How can i start with a perfect sphere wthout animate the formulas iterations ?  undecided

As soon as you start to have a scenario in mind, you are about to reach the limits of fractal manipulation, that's the big problem. Fractals are not always very cooperative! So, especially with M3D, it is much easier to explore, find interesting stuff, and then decide how you can incorporate your findings in your movie, rather than have a very clear idea of what you want to achieve, because you will be frustrated not to arrive exactly at what you had imagined.

Funny coincidence, when I was commissionned to do a video some time ago, I had the same request: start from a single cell that evolves into a complex network to symbolize the emergence of life (the "big bang of life" if you wish)

For that video I used the Interpolate hybrid type and varied the weighting from 0 to 1 between a first formula that produces a sphere and second one, more complex. There are probably other methods.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXMSiROQIVg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RXMSiROQIVg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »

I am sorry, I am not as good on the theories as some other members here...
I suggest you start a thread and ask the question (you probably have to post the parameters) and see if anyone can help you.
Oh I see that bib already gave you a suggestion...  afro

tomaya
Alien

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »

Thanks a lot K , good idea  ....                               ...i've found your aexion fields ....ah ah ... grin

Merci BIB , I know it's a bit tricky but i need this level of detail ...infinite . And , i'm exploring , i don't have the exact shape in mind , i haven't made neither designs nor storyboard for this particular part of the film , so , i'm confident but it's a challenge , i know . Your exemple is in that way , thanks . I'll try . I just need something completely random .

Anyway , i like the reactivity here ! really cool guys  A Beer Cup

toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »

Animation in mandelbulb 3d is not my strong point, but my girlfriend seems to have got her head round it pretty well. Here's a link to a video she made starting with a pure sphere. http://nemitode.deviantart.com/gallery/37038521#/d505af8 (All frames were processed in Photoshop using actionscripts to produce the 'painted' effect) 
tomaya
Alien

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »

Thanks Toxic , nice work here ! I see the point , it works well .Now  i'm trying to break the symetrical shapes to obtain more randomness , the inside is supposed to be organic , like a neuronal network...
Anyway , great anim !
T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: