Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 09:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: To Jesse ... Vfx supervisor questions....  (Read 1445 times)
tomaya
Alien

« on: October 22, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

Hi jesse
   First congrats for your tool , i'm new in the fractal world ...thanks a lot ,it's amazing.
I'm working at Digital District in Paris as vfx Supervisor and at the moment we are in Pre-Production on a movie feature called "Alpha" . I plan to use 3d fractals for this movie cause i'm looking for details in a
sort of "comics" way ... The tests i've made with MB3d are very ...     ...convincing shocked
    We 'are working with 3dsMax , Maya , Nuke , Flame ... standard tools in the film industry . I would like to integrate 3d meshes from Max-Maya inside the fractal world and also , export-import cameras .
I wonder if your tool could be implemented as a plugin in Max or Maya , i can't imagine the possibilities ! :smiley
Or , if it could be possible to import Obj's in MB3d to render these objects as masks ....

Maybe , you had already have this sort of request , sorry of that but i'm really thrilled by the results we could get !!!

Tom

http://www.digital-district.fr/

Thomas Marqué .  Vfx Lead .Digital District , Paris.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »

I doubt M3D will ever be a plug-in for such software as Jesse does not own Max, Maya, etc.

You can, however, export 3D obj's from M3D via the Voxel Stack feature.  Some detail gets lost, but it works  (detail loss is due to huge file sizes which can only be optimized via decimation).

I'd suggest reversing your workflow and just import image sequences to your 3D Suites.

Here's a render from Carrara using obj files from M3D:

And here's a thread describing the Voxel Stack feature:  http://www.fractalforums.com/tutorials/voxel-image-stack-and-then-what/

Hope it helps, and Good Luck with it!  I'd love to see these things in mainstream film   afro

EDIT:

They animate nicely too!

And if you want one to experiment with, here's The Mandelbulb obj file:
http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/mandelbulb_obj.zip
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:20:55 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
tomaya
Alien

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »

Thanks sockratease  grin    , yep i've tested the voxel tool , pretty amazing indeed , could be usefull in many ways of course .
But i'm just asking ....maybe Jesse could have ideas about cameras (import-export) ...
  thanks again for your reply , nice to have returns.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »

... i'm just asking ....maybe Jesse could have ideas about cameras (import-export) ...

Don't get your hopes up, in my experience with 3D Software - things like Cameras, Lights, Shaders, and the like, are all software specific.  They don't import or export properly from program to program without specifically written plug-ins made to bridge two specific programs.

I can't see even the remote possibility of creating an export feature without the SDK for the receiving software.  My advice to get this done would be to convince Autodesk to Hire Jesse at an extremely good wage to write specifically for their programs  Elvis Presley

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »

I have to be sorry but the development of m3d has stopped, i need my time for personal issues.
Thx
tomaya
Alien

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »

Absolutely agree with you sockratease ! , i'm in the industry for 20 years , i know these problems by heart ...If i had the money , i would be the first to hire Mr Jesse to create a terrific plug for all
the 3d platforms , believe me . This year , Autodesk has stopped the DEV of Naiad ( Awsome fluid dynamic tool ) recruiting the 2 creators ...   ...so i'm used to this sort of situations ...

But...

... HI Jesse !
   Sorry to hear that , I trully hope that things are gone be allright for you . Your tool is powerfull , easy and infinite i'm sure you'll be back on it ...
So , now...   ...let's go for the big 3d tracking !! I don't give up Jesse ...

Thanks

Tom

slon_ru
Iterator

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »

Hi all!
Voxelstack in M3D - very powerful tools wink

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=11750

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=12608

5 mil. poly

br.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:16:14 PM by slon_ru » Logged

cytotox
Alien

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »

Just stumbled upon this Maya screenshot oviously featuring a Mandelbulb

http://www.ebay.de/itm/120928260843?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D120928260843%26_rdc%3D1

I don't know if it got there via voxelstack import ... huh?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: