Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:05:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal software on a cell phone?  (Read 11209 times)
Cyclops
Conqueror

« on: January 20, 2009, 11:56:52 PM »

I've seen one program for your phone but it only runs one fractal,the mandelbrot set. Does anyone know of others? Also does anyone know if there are programs for a Nintendo DS?

Sensitively dependant on initial conditions
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:48:14 AM »

Since we're now developing for the iPhone (Parys Technografx) I'm seriously considering writing a fractal app for it.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Cyclops
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »

Since we're now developing for the iPhone (Parys Technografx) I'm seriously considering writing a fractal app for it.
Oh mine's just a regular Snow ericsson phone,wouldn't have an iPhone if you gave it me. Might consider a blackberry or similar next(free upgrades every year)

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 12:27:07 PM »

Oh mine's just a regular Snow ericsson phone,wouldn't have an iPhone if you gave it me. Might consider a blackberry or similar next(free upgrades every year)

We've been developing for mobile devices for 5 years now and although we've only been developing for the iPhone/iTouch for about 5 months IMHO the iPhone completely destroys the competition in all departments smiley

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »

isn't there already a fractal app which makes use of the gyro sensors of the iphone  ?
i would love to play with julia seeds using the gravity feature ....

greets
ck

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Cyclops
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »

We've been developing for mobile devices for 5 years now and although we've only been developing for the iPhone/iTouch for about 5 months IMHO the iPhone completely destroys the competition in all departments smiley

Isn't this the one that's only available to 02 customers? Its had more bad comments about it as to how its pretty useless against a normal phone in as much as you can't send MMS with it etc? Sounds like an overpriced gadget!

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »

Isn't this the one that's only available to 02 customers? Its had more bad comments about it as to how its pretty useless against a normal phone in as much as you can't send MMS with it etc? Sounds like an overpriced gadget!

Maybe I should have said "all departments relating to software" smiley

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:20:21 AM »

apple is notoriously evil about how they handle developer relations (i.e. with fear, NDAs and an iron fist).

some recent articles spring to mind:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090120-apple-and-app-store-censorship-where-to-draw-the-line.html
http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2009/01/20/app-store-lessons-developing-charitably

it's true that the platform is far ahead of anything else, and there's so much money to be made in the app store, but to support the platform is to shoot yourself in the foot (collectively as software developers) and bend over for steve...

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »

Hmmm - ever tried setting up as a Symbian developer ? Know the restrictions/testing they apply to your software ? Not to mention that their free developmenmt stuff is more buggy than Microsoft's. It's a complete nightmare.

As for the Windows ppcs/phones - well they're Windows, need I say more !!

From the point of view of software restrictions of one kind or another the best platform may be the Google phone, but we haven't got into that yet, I've a suspicion that the development kit may leave a little to be desired.

Developing for the iPhone/iTouch is easy in comparison - things just don't crash (unless it's your own fault and even then it's only your program that crashes, not the development software).

Cyclops
Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »

How about those of us with bog standard 3G phones? Like what I'm using now(with Opera Mini) to post this?

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »

Most "bog standard" phones are versions of the Symbian OS.

I have to confess that we haven't seriously looked into the Blackberry yet - but that's not so common in the UK.

Cyclops
Conqueror

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »

Most "bog standard" phones are versions of the Symbian OS.

I have to confess that we haven't seriously looked into the Blackberry yet - but that's not so common in the UK.
Well I have no idea what Symbian is but I think that refers to a PDA type phone doesnt it? Mines a Sony Ericsson K800i(Used to have a MDA Vario II but it broke!)

Cyclops
Conqueror

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »

Well I'm hopefully getting a Google G1 smartphone today. Its a Symbian phone with google's Android operating system and there are tons of apps available for it-hopefully some fractal stuff!

Cyclops
Conqueror

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 04:58:45 PM »

I have the G1 and its awesome! cheesy Now to find a fractal app for it....

seconteen
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 02:40:51 AM »

I have a mandelbrot thing on my ipod. It came w/ Rockbox.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: