Logo by Madman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fracton  (Read 1731 times)
Description: Free fractal application for the Macintosh
Fracton
Forums Newbie

« on: September 02, 2012, 11:03:40 PM »

Major Features:

Equation compiler lets you design your own formulas in a familiar "C" like language.

Draws and exports large images up to 16384 x 16384. High precision math for up to 5000 digits of accuracy. Multi-processor capable for faster drawing.

Has anti-aliasing and 24 bit color for great looking images. Use the color table editor to create and adjust colors. Supports numerous drawing and coloring methods.

Imports/exports Fractint parameters, colors, and formulas for access to tens of thousands of great fractals. Share your creations with the Fractint community.

Variations menu simplifies adjusting parameters.

Create image sequence movies. Export 3D models that can be rendered in other programs.

The latest version is 1.3. Recent improvements include optimized 3D model export and arbitrary precision arithmetic for all formulas.

Go to www.fracton.org for more information.

Mike Frazier
www.fracton.org

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »

Yay!

A Mac Fractal app which works on 10.5!!  I refuse to update my OS, so this is Great!!

Can't wait to check out the obj export   Cantor Dance

Thankies for making it free   afro

A peacock

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Fracton
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 10:49:24 PM »

Check out the last few entries in the gallery at: http://www.fracton.org/posts.html to see some of Fracton's exported 3D models rendered in Cheetah 3D.
Ryan D
Alien

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:23:10 PM »

I'm not a Mac user so unfortunately I won't be able to use your program.  But as an anachronistic Fractint holdout, I'm thrilled to see your collection of Fractint-compatible .PAR files!  I look forward to playing around with them.

Ryan
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: