Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 05:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hi - from digital artist/website designer exploring fractals  (Read 5755 times)
HeBeGeBe
Forums Freshman

« on: August 21, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »

Hi,

Fisrt off, I'd like to than Jesse for all the hard work.

I have been interested in fractals since childhood in the eighties, but I didn't start looking for fractal programing until I became inspired by the artwork of Daniel Merriam and Android (Andy) Jones.  Learning about 3D fractals renewed my interest in Math and programming again, so thanks again for that...

I also have an interest in sacred geometry, it's use and symbolism in renaissance art and architecture as well as the ancient Egyptians.  I continue to try to find ways to encode my own artwork with it.

I am also facinated by the possibility of fractals in use of games theory, psychology and history.  I think it may be possible to create entire video games from terrain to building architecture and levels, random cultural generation to personality engines and dynamic plot creation and even thematic music.  
Someday, I would like to create a game using fractals where gamers can create their own worlds using set parameters to randomly generate entire planets (worlds) manually edit them and play as characters within them online with other people -like a semi-randomly created Second Life with enough rules that it doesn't become boring.

I am currently reworking my portfolio and will post it once I'm done.

-Ge
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:21:26 PM by HeBeGeBe » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums,

as i push every new user to my little youtube channel you will be directed in the same direction first:
http://www.fractalforums.com/chaostv-news/
http://www.fractalforums.com/chaostv-gallery/

share, comment AND like!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »

Welcome and look forward to seeing your work. Send a link if one exists
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: