Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:47:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Matrioska Planetoid  (Read 826 times)
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« on: July 09, 2012, 08:16:06 AM »

Matrioska Planetoid

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=12040

Fragmentarium - Progressive rendering (20 frames)

I used the Kaliset 3D formula (exponential smoothing calculation) to distort space and also for getting a coloring value. Then I used a simple DE of concentric spheres, excluding the inner one from the Kaliset distortions.

So it works much like an heigthmap of the 3D formula applied to the surface of the sphere, and also colored by it.

LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:01:24 AM »

Very nice!
I believe Tolkien would have loved this image too!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 04:48:26 PM »

Very nice!
I believe Tolkien would have loved this image too!

Thanks LhoghoNurbs smiley
And is nice to see you are not angry about my comments of your winner image, I hope you understood it's nothing personal, I was just defending my kind of fractal art, but I know I must relax a bit and not taking this things so seriously. Sorry if I offended you in some way, and as Kraftwerk said, don't take me so seriously smiley

Cheers,

LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »

Angry? No smiley I think it is an advantage that the members of FractalForums are all different with different preferences. It will be disaster if we like the same!

Now back to your image. As I compare this planet with the other one I realize something new to me -- the scale of details affects the perception of the absolute size. I'm not sure I can express myself correctly, but the other planet looks much much bigger than this one (because the surface of the other planet is smooth, and I can see huge crease on the surface of this planet).
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »

Angry? No smiley I think it is an advantage that the members of FractalForums are all different with different preferences. It will be disaster if we like the same!

I agree Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig

Now back to your image. As I compare this planet with the other one I realize something new to me -- the scale of details affects the perception of the absolute size. I'm not sure I can express myself correctly, but the other planet looks much much bigger than this one (because the surface of the other planet is smooth, and I can see huge crease on the surface of this planet).

Yes, I understand what you mean. That's why I called this as a "planetoid", and the other one as a "world" wink

klixon
Navigator

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 12:33:41 AM »

Although i missed everything, it's good to see you kids getting along.  afro

Visit me on vimeo
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 01:04:13 AM »

damn, i need a new smiley, one that pets ( translated via dict.leo.org ) a sheep(-herd) cheesy
 horsie riding
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:08:10 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
klixon
Navigator

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:20:21 AM »

damn, i need a new smiley, one that pets ( translated via dict.leo.org ) a sheep(-herd) cheesy
 horsie riding

Careful, Chris. You might say something you didn't intend to. Then again, I'd be all for it just to see you freely expressing yourself smiley

On topic: Beautiful image! Perfect balance of chaos and order, captured in a thrilling sensation of lighting. Well done!

Visit me on vimeo
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: