Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Greetings fractalians. We come in peace :)  (Read 945 times)
Yatima
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »

Hi!

I discovered fractalforums.com a few weeks ago and I've learned a lot of things since then. Because I'm a guy who loves to do that, I only could say a big big THANK YOU smiley This is a great community!

Well, my name is Jorge, I'm from Spain (english is my second or third language so my apologizes go in advance for any mistake from my side) and I'm very interested on this brand new world of 3D renderings based on fractals.

I'm director mainly focused on 3D animation and visual effects but also I came to this profession from computer science (don't ask why). I always loved math, physics and everything related to science and maybe because of that I'm very excited about the visual results of software like mandelbulber o mandelbulb 3D.

By now I'm reading and reading everything I can about fractals and its math. Well, at least everything I can understand smiley

I've been playing with mandelbulber and mandelbulb 3D (most of the time with the first one). They are pretty straightforward until I go into math formulas and that's my goal: try to get the results I wanted to and understand why. I think it's a nice new hobby.

Finally this is my second attempt to render something interesting out of mandelbulber -first one was a short trip into a Menger sponge- using one of the preset I found here on fractalforums.com, trying to get the animation/camera system used by this software, etc.

The mandelbulber render took about 8-10h to finish using an AMD x6 cpu and after that I played with the resulting animation (PNG16+alpha) inside After Effects until I got the final animation you can see below this lines. I know it's only one first step but I'm pretty happy with the results and, of course, the infinite variations opening just in front of my eyes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CywKkmB7gVI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CywKkmB7gVI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1</a>

Regards!
weavers
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Diagnosis Criteria : compositionality :  ambiental eye to object flowing floating speed zoom speed perfect : Sound is more than good, excellent choice, "Rise" from the album "Timewave zero," clear and in tuned with the geo-mets rotating : mood achieved excellent : color constructs : reserved mono chromatic:  achieve goal of space look : dynamic eye dual perspectives juxtaposed background realistic : professional visuals and seconds into [ scene at 1:01 ] excellent musical pause, hats off to the musicians, and to you, thanks a lot, your compositionality gratifying : Welcome to our time inside the Fracto Locality Jorge Bouza, Beinvenido!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:10:58 PM by weavers » Logged
kevinmorais
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:13:55 PM »

Hi!

I discovered fractalforums.com a few weeks ago and I've learned a lot of things since then. Because I'm a guy who loves to do that, I only could say a big big THANK YOU smiley This is a great community!

Well, my name is Jorge, I'm from Spain (english is my second or third language so my apologizes go in advance for any mistake from my side) and I'm very interested on this brand new world of 3D renderings based on fractals.

I'm director mainly focused on 3D animation and visual effects but also I came to this profession from computer science (don't ask why). I always loved math, physics and everything related to science and maybe because of that I'm very excited about the visual results of software like mandelbulber o mandelbulb 3D.

By now I'm reading and reading everything I can about fractals and its math. Well, at least everything I can understand smiley

I've been playing with mandelbulber and mandelbulb 3D (most of the time with the first one). They are pretty straightforward until I go into math formulas and that's my goal: try to get the results I wanted to and understand why. I think it's a nice new hobby.

Finally this is my second attempt to render something interesting out of mandelbulber -first one was a short trip into a Menger sponge- using one of the preset I found here on fractalforums.com, trying to get the animation/camera system used by this software, etc.

The mandelbulber render took about 8-10h to finish using an AMD x6 cpu and after that I played with the resulting animation (PNG16+alpha) inside After Effects until I got the final animation you can see below this lines. I know it's only one first step but I'm pretty happy with the results and, of course, the infinite variations opening just in front of my eyes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CywKkmB7gVI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CywKkmB7gVI?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1</a>

Regards!

I got goose bumbs watching that, amazing!
FracZky
Explorer

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:34:48 PM »

Absolute amazing... I'm still in awe of fractal in it’s entirety! Hail to the programmers and developers.

Make your 2D Dreams, 3D Reality...
Yatima
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »

Thank you, really  embarrass
 I didn't expected such a warm response but it's a good reason to keep going. After all, learn & share are two of my favourite words/concepts.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: