Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Doyle spirals  (Read 3220 times)
Description: A script to render Doyle spirals
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« on: May 26, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »

Inspired by Jos Leys work.
http://www.josleys.com/show_gallery.php?galid=265
http://www.josleys.com/article_show.php?id=3

See also:
http://klein.math.okstate.edu/IndrasPearls/cusp.pdf

* doyle_spirals.zip (17.57 KB - downloaded 214 times.)

* DS.jpg (154.68 KB, 937x672 - viewed 941 times.)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

You are ... absurdly wonderful dancing banana dancing banana dancing banana

I never understood a word of this...

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »

Another great script, Knighty.

I see you found a work-around for doing some of the work in the vertex shader :-) I'll add vertex init-hooks to the raytracers - it is a good idea. Also, you are right that thes pre-calculations should run on the host, but it would be difficult to implement. It would require embedding a dynamic c-compiler, and implement something like the GLSL matrix and vector classes.
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »

Thank you Darkbeam and Syntopia.
I see you found a work-around for doing some of the work in the vertex shader :-) I'll add vertex init-hooks to the raytracers - it is a good idea. Also, you are right that thes pre-calculations should run on the host, but it would be difficult to implement. It would require embedding a dynamic c-compiler, and implement something like the GLSL matrix and vector classes.
It wouldn't be possible without the feature you provided to embed vs code wink
I don't think it is necessary to go for a compiler. An interpreter would be sufficient. Anyway, this is not a priority IMHO.
BTW, what happened to reflections in the last version's renderers?
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »

BTW, what happened to reflections in the last version's renderers?

Hmm. They were removed when I refactored some code. They will be put back in, but I need some more generic code to make them work with Image-Based Light.
benoit-1842
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »

Wow I love your work !!!!!  I like the spiral and the fluid bubble.  I am new and very beginner to fragmentarium ( I download the program and messing with it).  Can you give me some clues to how I can get a masterpiece like yours and even to animate it...

Thanx in advance

Ben
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »

Wow I love your work !!!!!  I like the spiral and the fluid bubble.  I am new and very beginner to fragmentarium ( I download the program and messing with it).  Can you give me some clues to how I can get a masterpiece like yours and even to animate it...

Thanx in advance

Ben

Download the .zip attachment. For animations, I fear it's not possible? wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
matsoljare
Fractal Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »

What if you were to replace each sphere with just a dot of light at the center?
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »

For animations, I fear it's not possible? wink

Possible, but not as easy as M3D. You will have to base animation on the' time' variable in the script (place 'uniform float time;' at top of script), and use animation menu to export single images. Then use something like VirtualDub and HandBrake to create animation.

Example:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ShGAnWlCzDU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ShGAnWlCzDU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: