Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: yFract 1.1.3 released - Undo-function, Improved manual, new Fractal. The end?  (Read 4126 times)
yv3
Conqueror

« on: April 29, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »

Hello fractal lovers,
a new Version (1.1.3/29.04.2012) has been released. New Features:

Undo for explore mode and render mode
Now you can undo the last movement/modifying of fractal/palette selection by pressing backspace!

Random Palette function
Now you can press Space in Render Mode and Palette Room to select a random palette. This is a little but very handy feature. It enables much more artistic results (1671 palettes!).

New Fractal: Other 2D Mandelbox

I integrated the Mandelbox Fractal (2D-Version) into yFract. It has 4 modifiers and produces nice images:

[FULL SIZE]

[FULL SIZE]

[FULL SIZE]

[FULL SIZE]

Same Fractal combined with Sierpinski Image with the "overlay image"-technique (Sierpinski 2.jpg):

[FULL SIZE]

Now yFract has 74 Fractal Types!

Improved Manual

I draw colored keyboard and mouse layouts for each operating mode:

Explore Mode

[FULL SIZE]

Render Mode

[FULL SIZE]

Palette Room

[FULL SIZE]

I optimized and categorized the keyboard shortcuts:

Explore Mode

[FULL SIZE]

Render Mode

[FULL SIZE]

Palette Room

[FULL SIZE]

An updated PDF-Version is also included with the installer. Online manual: http://yv3.bplaced.net/manual.html.

Next Steps - Are there any?

I decided to make a longer break from developing yFract. I think its the right moment now, yFract has grown in the past two years and i feel happy with it now. Its "complete". My dream came true. I wrote my own "perfect fractal art application" and additionally i made it available for others and shared my artwork, impressions and feelings here and there. I wrote more than 60 thousends lines of code, i can't believe it :). I made about 150, maybe 200 applications in my 10-year-life of a programmer. This is also my personal proof that "i can do it if i want". I never learned programming or math on a university but now i can finally feel that it doesn't matter anymore. I like it the hard way and i love fractals :). I feel like a workoholic now. I need a break and my wife and my son need me and i need them. Summer begins slowly. So let's take a break and enjoy the life.

The End?

No, of course :). There is "only one thing" that i would like to integrate into yFract (damn it always begins like this :)). Maybe i will do it until christmas. I dream of having a fourth operating mode for displaying the (2d) fractal as a 3D landscape. It should not be much complicated, yFract already uses OpenGL and what you see is already a 3D scene. I would like to add flying around that landscape, adding backgrounds and fog to it, add support for anaglyph glasses...
But why not make a small r-type-like arcade game with stunning fractal backgrounds and psychedelic music....maybe some day... :)

Download latest version and manual at my website: http://yv3.bplaced.net

Greetings Dawid
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:46:44 PM by yv3 » Logged

Creator of yFract
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: