Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 07:15:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Ghost in the Circuit  (Read 727 times)
Sigillum Militum
Alien

« on: April 08, 2012, 04:28:41 AM »

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=39950364&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=39950364&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

Since I don't really have the hardware wherewithal or interest in doing e.g. Mandelbrot zooms (there are so many of them to begin with), I thought I'd try something different. You may like it; you may not like it. But you haven't seen it before; that's for sure. I rendered a long "tapestry" from interesting Julia sets of the ducky fractal with my own OCaml code. Then I cropped frames out one by one with ImageMagick convert, and animated a scrolling video with music using ffmpeg.

As it so happens, I chose the song "Ghost in the Circuit" by Velvet Acid Christ before I knew what the full range of images would look like. Strangely, there are shapes of almost Euclidean regularity, shown in dark purple, that remind one of banks of microchips. So, as you're watching this video, think of the inner hardware of some sort of futuristic android...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: