Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:32:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: UF 5 sculpture  (Read 1602 times)
titia
« on: July 10, 2008, 03:33:58 PM »

UF 5 sculpture

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=301

The coloring is due to an imported image of a golden ball.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:35:46 PM by titia » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »

what the heck is this ? how cool is the lighting filling ?!?!?
can you explain a little deeper how it is done ?
 huh? wink evil

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »

Great Titia !

There was not so much time at last, but I played a bit here around too with my photo´s :-)))))
Margit
titia
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm having a lot of fun now with UF 5. It gives the opportunity to import an image. Because the program turns an image into a coloralgorithm, you can do a lot fun stuff with it.
For this sculpture I imported an image of a golden ball with lightspots (made in UF too), this image is responsible for the coloring of the sculpture.
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm having a lot of fun now with UF 5. It gives the opportunity to import an image. Because the program turns an image into a coloralgorithm, you can do a lot fun stuff with it.
For this sculpture I imported an image of a golden ball with lightspots (made in UF too), this image is responsible for the coloring of the sculpture.

titia,

Very cool image indeed.

So you apply a set of affine transformations and distortions to the ball? I gather those transformations are in 3D?

Duncan C

Regards,

Duncan C
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »

So you apply a set of affine transformations and distortions to the ball? I gather those transformations are in 3D?

That's possible in UF, but I think in this case it's using a colouring formula that maps the image into coordinates derived from an orbit-trap style algorithm. There are many ways of doing that smiley
Another alternative is to map the image to a fractal using field lines as one axis and distance estimator as the other.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
HPDZ
Iterator

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 06:32:55 AM »

Very pretty.

Zoom deeply.
www.hpdz.net
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: