Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 12:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New to Mandlebulber  (Read 3540 times)
Description: Looking for a fast introduction/step by step tutorial to the capabilities
Dan
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »

Hi.
Hopefully this is not a big ask or a no-no ask, but I'm brand new to this, and from what I've researched, it is possible to generate stereoscopic animations. Looking through the settings it's not readily apparent how to do so.
I've got http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.php?title=Getting_Started for how to create animations, but for someone brand new to all of this it's a little bit of a struggle.

What I'm asking for is this: Does anyone have a configuration type file example that I can load into Mandlebulber that will set up an example fractal and flyby in stereoscopic mode that I can just click 'render' (or whatever) and have such an animation created (with whatever notes for anything I'd need to do outside of the config file) So I can see how my machine does at making one, to decide if I want to spend the time figuring out all the details to create my own? I looked through the example files that came with my 1.11 install (windows 64 bit) but there was only one animation file and it didn't seem to do anything at all when I loaded it.

And if I'm missing something or way off track, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I'm under the impression, after trying to follow the wiki getting started page, that it's not as simple as having one file that can be loaded to set it all up, but I can't find any tutorial that walks someone through creating their first animation step by step, and the getting started page on the wiki seems to assume I know a lot more than I do...
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »

... but I can't find any tutorial that walks someone through creating their first animation step by step, and the getting started page on the wiki seems to assume I know a lot more than I do...

you're right, such a tutorial doesn't exist. maybe you wanna make some, when you succed  wink
i'm afraid, that i can't help here, 'cause i don't have expierience in rendering stereoscopic. but when you hit "load example", you find noumerous fract files - for almost every fractal type at least one. there is also a file called "stereo.fract". i guess the basic settings for a stereoscopic render should be included there.

in general i recommend not to do the second step before the first. maybe some plain 2d animation would do for the first try...

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Dan
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »

I got some help on doing it with boxplorer (a modified version I believe), that's fantastic for 3D - you can look around basically realtime in there in 3D stereoscopic.
But yeah, I basically want to make a 2d animation, then render it in stereo - basically that's rendering it twice with a tiny offset for the second one, then save them side by side.
I'm still not 100% sure mandelbulber can do it though, and if it can't render for 3d video, then not sure I want to go through the hassle of figuring out the animation plotting, etc. But mandelbulber does have nicer renders than boxplorer...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: