Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:08:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Voodoo Hex - Cubic Buffalo Fractal HD  (Read 1840 times)
Description: First ever Cubic Buffalo Deep Zoom
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« on: March 15, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pqFhD62NS8Q&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pqFhD62NS8Q&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
If it says "video is unavailable" it just means the youtube server isn't done processing it yet, so check back in an hour or so. I uploaded a 1.29Gb h.264 AVI file, so it may take some time while the youtube servers slowly choke it down. Imagine that it is your job to eat hot dogs and your boss places a five pound hot dog on your plate - yeah! I gotta get rolling. Enjoy...

EDIT: It's live now! Thanks for viewing!

Quote from: Youtube description
I believe this is the first ever deep zoom into the Cubic (3rd order) Buffalo set.

Formula: Z = abs(Z^3) +C
The abs() function is applied separately to both the real and imaginary portions of Z^3

Unlike the 2nd order Buffalo, the Cubic Buffalo has two needles, set apart at 90 degrees from each other. The name "Voodoo Hex" was inspired by the greens, yellows, and purples found within the color palette (same color palette I used for "Aztec Ruins"), which are reminiscent of Mardi Gras and New Orleans, hence the name "Voodoo". The "Hex" is a reference to the strange hexagonal formations which appear within the set. This zoom would not have been possible if not for collaboration between myself and CommandLineCowboy/Panzerboy to release a third-order version of the fxabsmandvar Fractal Extreme Plugin. The plugin can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fxbship3/

Render in Fractal Extreme @1280x720 pixels, 2x2 Anti-Alias.
Final zoom depth = 2^-469 (6.52e-142)
Render Time = approximately 1 week.
CPU = AMD Bulldozer FX-8150 (8-cores) @4.2Ghz

As usual, comments appreciated!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:10:15 PM by stardust4ever » Logged
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »

I find it too slow.

stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »

Duly noted and thanks for the honest feedback. I rendered at about 1 zoom per 1.5 seconds. (30 frames per second, 45 frames per zoom). Normally I do either 1 zoom per second or 1.5 zooms per second. I wanted the intricate details to be visible, as there are some areas that have a lot of patterns that get lost when the video plays back too quickly. I'll keep this in mind when I release my next videos, and speed them up some. tongue stuck out
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:13:48 AM »

You can let it slow down at interesting parts. I've never tried that though.

stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 03:05:25 AM »

You can let it slow down at interesting parts. I've never tried that though.
One video of my videos that desperately needs variable speed playback is is Turbo Zoom HD.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mx_UXxtW3sg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mx_UXxtW3sg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

It's a strait up needle zoom which zooms into the needle at exactly 228 iterations, and the color palette is calibrated so that the stripes are pure black. Exactly 50% of the video is spent doing nothing but zooming in on the tip of the needle. I rendered it too fast and backwards to show the interesting part (minibrot) first so if people got bored they would at least see that it led to a minibrot. I rendered it long before the update for variable speed zooms. I remastered the same "Turbo Zoom" location with a custom stripey rainbow palette (it shows the bands very well) and 1280x720 @4x4 AA, no guessing! (guessing creates horrible artifacts due to moire patterns when the bands get dense, even though enabling it would have saved like 80+ percent of the render time), but have not yet rendered the zoom movie into an AVI yet, because I'd been too busy with the new plugin formulas, and school.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: