Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New method to discover 3d fractal formulas  (Read 662 times)
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« on: February 23, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »

Here is a way to find new formulas so you can edit a formula code in notepad++ and it renders in 2 seconds so you can visualise lots of prototype code without waiting.
Hopefully some of you can find some new fundamental formulas by combining maths of infinity into 3d!!!

Method:
Using the new mandelbulber 1.11 (win or linux) which has CL, edit the CL formula files in N++ like mandelbulb, rewrite the formula, flip the CL render mode between "all shaders / just shadows" to reload new .cl file the program... and press render.... Easy! Only setback is that if you make syntax errors the mandelbulber program exits and you have to reload it again(would be good to have a "code error" message instead). if a formula doesnt look good in open CL then it isnt a fundamental formula wink. I found some new menger sponge mods because it was easy... here are some results from adding a sin/cos to one of the lines.

What 3d render programs you normally use for editing and viewing code formulas??

* editing maths in mandelbulber.jpg (148.87 KB, 1300x1067 - viewed 87 times.)

* sponge mods.jpg (255.77 KB, 1200x1200 - viewed 87 times.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:52:36 PM by Mrz00m » Logged
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:39 PM »

here is a pic of me attempting to rewrite the amazing box formula  tease

* mbox formula multi.jpg (150.46 KB, 1001x1003 - viewed 72 times.)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »

have you tried fragmentarium for writing new formula ?
i would love some kind of genetic algorithm to generate new formulas, like the mutatorkammer programm that i  used to write years ago, which was able to create formulas from base formulas to create new ones, and iterate ...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:40:10 PM »

No really good formula borns from simple accidents wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
fractower
Iterator

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:07:48 AM »

I really like the sponge mods. I don't suppose you could do a sponge mod square pants. Ha Ha...

Sorry. Sorry. That won't happen again. I promise.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:38:02 AM »

@mrzoom this is great work, and we need to generalize a way to generate the formulas for a fractal renderer, for text editing formulas i assure you, try out fragmentarium, it has nice build in formulas with which you can easily experiment, and it is a nice gpu compile ide, could need some project management, but show nicely compiler errors ....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:30 AM »

Oh Thanks cKleinhuis! yes Fragmentarium is excellent thanks! i didnt know that was the best program for finding new 3d formulas etc! cool. Yeah it's great to have a genetic/formula mixing solution... i did one of those for a graphics program once which could mix formulas in space, so in the middle, one fractal, around edges, another one, and they mixed together in a transition using a crossfade... probably just the same as a hybrid, except you could make the shape of the hybrid different, you can crossfade the formulas across a spheres, lines, and cubes in any combination. After that, for mixing lines of code, you can do it manually, like jumbling generic lines.

Yeah finding formulas is like searching for a secret treasure smiley it's interesting i want to learn, it's good if you can visualise the code!

My friend is called spongebob squarepants i will see with him!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: