Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 05:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Bryce + other software for FREE now  (Read 6427 times)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« on: February 21, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »

here; http://www.daz3d.com/

Hurry up, limited time... cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »

wasnt it for free since long time !? i remember it has been released 3 years ago or so ... but might be wrong with that...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 01:20:03 PM »

wasnt it for free since long time !? i remember it has been released 3 years ago or so ... but might be wrong with that...

Those were the Learning Editions with NonCommercial Licenses only!

This is the newest, Bryce 7 Pro.

As well as Hexagon, a great 3D Modeling program, and even Daz Studio Pro, a specialized rendering program that works with Bryce and can be very useful   afro

All in all, it's hundreds of dollars worth of free stuff, and well worth having!

I mentioned it in a few places when talking about 3D Meshes, Voxel Stacks, and the like.  It's only for the month of February, so just get it!!

You'll be glad you did   embarrass

Yes, you'll need to register an account at Daz, but that's a small price for what you get!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

thanks guys for bringing it back to mind. i almost forgot!

a few years ago a previous bryce version was free too, 5 or so. daz studio allways had a limited free version. the only one i don't know now, is hexagon.
i'm excited to get to know it!  grin

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
DonTen
Alien

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »

Wow!

Thanks for the heads up..  A Beer Cup
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »

registering right now wink i wonder how bryce has developed, it was one of the nice programs with fantastic dynamic texture/landscape/tree generator build in....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
cbuchner1
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

registering right now wink i wonder how bryce has developed, it was one of the nice programs with fantastic dynamic texture/landscape/tree generator build in....

Check out e-on software's Vue for even more fantastic texture/landscape/tree generators. Bryce is a bit dated now.

Vue 10 Pioneer is free even, you can buy plug-ins which extend the program's features with stuff like animation, external rendering (rendernodes), plant editors, etc...

One can also purchase the Vue Artist versions (Esprit, Studio, Complete) or the very expensive Vue Xstream.
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »

bryce was one of the coolest programs in the early days, 'cause it was developped by the legendary kai krause. unfortunately he sold it after release 3.

Vue 10 Pioneer is free even

wow, i'll definitely have a look at this. vue's eco-system is fantastic. you can create completely afforrested landscapes with a few clicks and without overwhelming your memory with millions of polygons, as it automatically decreases the complexity of the meshes related to the distance to camera.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 01:16:47 AM »

bryce was one of the coolest programs in the early days, 'cause it was developped by the legendary kai krause. unfortunately he sold it after release 3.

Daz did OK by Bryce.

Version 7 Pro has all sorts of new stuff like instancing, surface replicators, and other features I only read about in their forum.  (I have to start finding them now!)

I Love it's render engine, even if it is very slow.  And it's materials settings are fun to play with.

I did this in Bryce:

It's not a fractal, but it shows how fun Bryce can be!

I'll have to dig around and find an old image, or make a fresh Bryce Fractal render, just for this thread   afro
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:18:40 AM by Sockratease, Reason: speelinf eroorz » Logged

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 02:13:05 AM »

I love your meaty fish...well quite scaring but cool

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »

I love your meaty fish...well quite scaring but cool

Thanks  cheesy

Only problem now is figuring out what wine to serve with it...

Anyway, for those wanting to use Fractals in Bryce, here's a tutorial I found :  http://www.sharecg.com/v/22751/tutorial/Apophysis-and-Bryce-Tutorial

It talks about Apophysis, but any image works.  Even images of my Fiancee! 

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »

Thanks for the heads up! Downloaded the whole bunch. Now where am I gonna find some time to figure them out?  crazy eyes  crazy canadian

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
mkbrouse
Explorer

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »

Thanks a bunch Darkbeam,

I've tried messing with DAZ a couple times now, and it's initially pretty confusing. Love the meat fish up there. ha! Looks like they gave me serial numbers for the programs as well. Yay! I feel the same as Madman - where is the time to figure them all out!  cheesy

Thanks!
Michelle
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »

Now where am I gonna find some time to figure them out?  crazy eyes  crazy canadian

I feel the same as Madman - where is the time to figure them all out!  cheesy

Don't worry, Daz has forums for each product, and they are full of tutorials and helpful people who can answer questions!

I'm there a lot too, but I mostly pester them for Cow models and renders   afro

Plus, I use Carrara more than any of their other apps, so these three are semi-new to me  (I had older versions).

Maybe I'll see some of you over there!

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

No problem! Enjoy smiley

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: