Logo by tomot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: C'est une collection de petits coquillages  (Read 1213 times)
Description: Petits coquillages trouvés sur une fractale plage
thom
Fractal Bachius

« on: February 08, 2012, 03:47:48 PM »

One would trust this is a better subject line?  English is a very complex and complicated language, one not easily mastered by those born outside of America!

* sea shells.jpg (232.81 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 246 times.)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »

outside of America!

I think there might be a few people in the UK for instance who have a rough idea of what English is grin

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
thom
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »

First you didn't like where I posted my videos...then you didn't like how long they were...next you question why of all of my fractals are named Thomz...and now you make fun of one who does not speak English as a first language.  One might suspect I am not welcome here?
  Yet earlier Pauldelbrot bemoaned the fact there are not as many posts on this site as there used to be.  Perhaps that is because you seem to view fractals as only a mathematical equation and question those who also see fractals as an art form of equal value.   
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »

huh? whats going on ? it was me that asked you if all your images share the same name ....
the dedicated forums language is english because it is the lowest denominator, and french is as well hard for people outside france
as the forum is growing we get more people that are upset with a common rule of engagement, we do not want to indulge anyone,
we just teach everyone who is behaving in a way we have already discussed how to behave, please have a look at:
http://www.fractalforums.com/board-rules/

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »

You are welcome here, thom, please don't get me wrong and don't be paranoid. I wasn't making fun of your English. Mine is far from perfect and I am French too!. I was just saying that it is obvious that English is not spoken only in America, but potentially also in England smiley OK, that was a bad joke and bad humor, but humor is somehow difficult to convey on the internet, especially if you're not a native English speaker like you and me. By the way, this is also why I used a smiley.

So, again, you are welcome to FF. Please continue to post your fractals, even if you name them all "thomz", they're good, no worries.

Cheers

PS : I know that England is not the same as UK  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

thom
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »

You sir are a gentleman!  I fear I am a little too thin skinned and defensive when I am in such company as yours. I apologize for assuming the worst.  As we say at home...J'aime la vie!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:09:47 PM »

Now bib will rename all his fractals title to "bibz" bubble gum clown Welcome wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »

cheesy DB

@thom, OK myabe you could name them thomz1, thomz2 if you have no inspiration at all wink

What I do in general when I'm not inspired (which is the case in general!) I just name them after the formulas I have used (like my recent Apollo stuff for instance...)

Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 06:45:25 PM »

I think english and franch are pretty similar.
Languages have areal features, and unlike species they mix with each other. English and franch both have celtic, germanic and latin, just one have more latin, another more germanic.

fractal catalisator
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »

Just to point out that in England/UK we speak *the original* and not the simplified US version.
colour/color, honour/honor, favourite/favorite, realising/realizing etc. - and I can't tell you how annoying it is that the first of each of these is underlined in red in many apps/programs, so having to use English if your first language is something else I can see as being even more annoying wink

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 04:20:25 PM »

For me as non english native it is much more easy to understand spoken american english. Jet, maybe it sounds somewhat plain. I think, british pronaunciation are more rich and somewhat aristocratic. But it could be just my stereotypes;)

p.s.
I meant, if compared with non european tongues.

fractal catalisator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: