Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:46:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: [SOLVED]Error in MD3D  (Read 4872 times)
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« on: February 07, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »

Windows 7, last version of MB

I got very often this error

May be caused to try too much different maps, seems independent from render size (may happen  with 800X600 as easy than with 3200 x2200 ) ..once i got lights changes are no more applied

it is a know issues ? any workaround or suggestion

PS i know that is a dumb MS message that usually is not much useful to debug
i don't know if possible launch MB from command line in verbose mode to know more details

* Screenshot - 2_7_2012 , 1_49_30 PM.jpg (31.68 KB, 488x248 - viewed 1016 times.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:07:18 PM by PhotoComix » Logged
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »

Windows 7, last version of MB

I got very often this error

May be caused to try too much different maps, seems independent from render size (may happen  with 800X600 as easy than with 3200 x2200 ) ..once i got lights changes are no more applied

it is a know issues ? any workaround or suggestion

PS i know that is a dumb MS message that usually is not much useful to debug
i don't know if possible launch MB from command line in verbose mode to know more details

The only time I have ever seen the Lights/Maps/gradients become unresponsive is under this condition:

On an Intermediate size render (1024x512) used for setting Color/maps/lights etc, thinking I have it all set for Final Render. Changing the Size for a Full Scale Render (4000x2000) and then deciding to adjust Lights/Maps whatever again the controls have no affect, You have to return the size (1024x512) of the original Render to readjust lights.

I have never seen Lights go un responsive other than under those conditions.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »

You get this message when you try to calculate again, or when trying to change light pars or maps?

The message is very helpful, always post it if you can!  (Even the addresses can change when developing the program)

Can't say something about it yet...
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:10:59 PM »

You get this message when you try to calculate again, or when trying to change light pars or maps ?
i had often similar messages
When changing lights, more exactly the message pops out  when changing the object color map several times

Doesn't seems related to a peculiar map , but  too change too much object color maps (maybe too much too quickly ? )
Maybe the memory used for the first change is not fully released before a second command come and so on and on till the crash ?

P.S .

I am very interested to the lighs there is some documentation  ?(i.e.on the difference between the various coloring options, how map are used and similar )
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:04:07 AM by PhotoComix » Logged
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:05:36 AM »

again, again when changing map

2 changing map x position

oopps here numbers seems the same

* error.jpg (31.8 KB, 488x248 - viewed 974 times.)

* error2.jpg (29.36 KB, 488x248 - viewed 975 times.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:24:05 AM by PhotoComix » Logged
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 10:27:02 PM »

Ok, thank you.
The address seems to have changed in my current version.
So it would be cool if you could test an updated version, teling me the new message if this bug still exists.
If you like to, send me an email address in a prvate message, then i send you the update.
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

sure ...check your PM
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »

I think i already catched the issue, it is indeed not my fault but a bug in the pngimage unit when drawing a transparent png onto a bmp!
(but i will still send it to you for testing, because my transparent png doesn't created an error)
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »

.. it is  a bug in the pngimage unit when drawing a transparent png onto a bmp!

So if i remove the alpha channel or i convert to jpg everything should work ?

anyway i sended you my mail , i may even test on 2 OS (7 for the laptop, xp for a older desktop )
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »

So if i remove the alpha channel or i convert to jpg everything should work ?

anyway i sended you my mail , i may even test on 2 OS (7 for the laptop, xp for a older desktop )

I try to send it to you again, because g..-mail does not accept executables in the zip file (rename the .bin to .exe).

Of course you could test it with different map graphic formats, bmp is also allowed in the current version.
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »

ok checking now my mail
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »

Hy Jesse the new binary you send me solved..more exactly being more verbose helped to find the culprit

For some reason seems that a few maps had something wrong with the header, even if other programs (gimp, xnview )
open and display them with no problem

Anyway solve was easy as open again in xnview the maps causing the error messages  and save them again

even more cool the fix worked in real time without requiring reloading MB3D.

It is  weird that gimp could open all them without problem, but is normal for xnview that somehow may open almost all graphic files even those without or with a wrong extension, or with problematic headers
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »

Ok, but please send me one png file that does not work in m3d.
I have to use this, maybe somewhat old, png unit for some more time and it would be good if can fix this.

Thanks for helping!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »

Ok, but please send me one png file that does not work in m3d.
I have to use this, maybe somewhat old, png unit for some more time and it would be good if can fix this.

Thanks for helping!

Ooopss i didn't think to save them (i mean to copy before fixing them because the "fix" was just open the file in xnview and save again) BUT i made so much maps that is very probable that i would stumble again on some still giving errors.

and in case (again is very probable) i will remember to send you
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 03:00:01 AM »

FOUND 1 !
and found where was the problem the image is fine but its thumbnail was screwed up

And if MB3D can't show the thumb then refuse to use the image

OOPSS i can't put here as attachment is too big even if zipped i will send by mail..but again the culprit is the screwed up thumbnail, resave the image recreate the thumb and that fix

not sure if you can do something from your side
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: