Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:30:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: MandleBulb 3D Alternate Icon Sets  (Read 5132 times)
Description: MandleBulb 3D Alternate Icon Sets
Pangaea
Navigator

« on: February 01, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »

Hi there folks... been teaching myself mandlebulb3d for the past few days, and loving it to bits.. what a wonderful piece of software..  just as a little thank you I made a set of 2 icons, with 3 color variations of each. I gota say although I love the software the default icon dosent exactly scream out to be clicked.. , also im using an object desktop setup, similar to mac.

Anyhow, they are in ico. format, although i have also provided the original pngs in the rar so if anyone wants to edit them, or make icons compatible for mac or whatever, fire away

Just one note, each icon has different size and pallet variations contained within it.. all the lower color pallets the shadow under each icon wont look good (didnt think of that when making them).. .. so they look best with a true color pallet , and even better using an object desktop setup or displaying the icons at 256x256

Icons here: http://fractalscapes.net/designs/3dfrac/MandleBulb_3D_Icon_Sets.rar

Screenshots of the high true colour size variation strips within each icon.

Hope you like and/or get use out of them.

regards
pan

PS.. rar has been thoroughly scanned for any nasties to the best of my ability
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »

i vote for 203 icon set cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »

Haha, can you also make a DEcombiante Knots/Mandelbulb, or a simple MengerKochv2 alt icon set?  A Beer Cup

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »

Thank you for the work Pangaea, though the softshadows fits more to fragmentarium, maybe  wink

Whats about the old quaternion minibulb, so people will recognize the program again (me included)?

But i think the icon can be changed also in the operating system if you can't stand the old one...
Pangaea
Navigator

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

Hi there jessy, might you be the very creator and developer of this astounding piece of software?

I shall do a new set soon.. I realise the soft under shadow might only suit object desktop setups.

quaternion minibulb?  can you point me to where that is to bring it up in the programme.
I did consider using a generic representation of a mandle.. hence i used the instantly recognisable box and bulb... i guess the same way one might use a full mandlebrot or julia set to represent 2d frac software, but i guess you know your own software better than I and what would better represent it...  ill do a bunch more soon, and include quaternion.
By the way may I take this opportunity (if you are the creator / developer) to thank you for providing such an amazing tool and to offer any help with the software in terms of gui, general  graphical presentation, same goes with the forum, willing to help out in anyway I can, lets just say Ive got plenty of time on my hands for the foreseeable future.

smiley

regards
pan
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:01:11 PM by Pangaea » Logged
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »

Yep, for me the icon is not that important, but the good old potato bulb ist not a must.
If you and others want something better, please feel free to vote for a set, maybe add one or two if you like.

I will go with the best vote  smiley
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 03:50:33 AM »

An Icon is an Icon, doesn't matter to me what it is as long as it's point to the right thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: