Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:52:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: yFract Calendar 2012  (Read 1556 times)
yv3
Conqueror

« on: January 21, 2012, 06:06:34 PM »

Hello,
after two years of developing my fractal exploring tool yFract i finally decided to render and print out my first fractal calendar! Today i got the printout from the print store and hung the calendar up on a small wall at my "computer corner" in our living room. I am really proud and satisfied smiley! The printout quality is good, there is much detail. The calendar is in format DIN A3, each Image has a resolution of 4200 x 2970 pixels (10 pixels per millimeter). I picked my favourite images from more than 100 configuration files. This is no candy 3d mandelbulb calendar, this is a personal puristic 2d art portfolio. Each image has a 256 color palette and was rendered with 3x3 supersampling and 2xantialiasing, no further post processing was done. All fractals were discovered by myself, these are either "own" formulas, hybrids or modifications of known formulas. The composing and rendering took many hours and was hard work for me, thats why i only offer a small image size here. If you are intrested in the full size images or want to own a similar calender, send me a PM. Have fun watching.

Cover

[bigger size]

City Life

[bigger size]

Just Another Fractal

[bigger size]

Elevator Action

[bigger size]

Vessels Of Life

[bigger size]

Biological Bath

[bigger size]

Love Code

[bigger size]

Summer Bloom

[bigger size]

Energy Overload

[bigger size]

Fractal Highway

[bigger size]

Just Another Fractal II

[bigger size]

Desert Night / Black Haired Beauty

[bigger size]

Behind The Window

[bigger size]

Greetings from Germany,
Dawid aka yv3
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:18:27 PM by yv3 » Logged

Creator of yFract
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:31:45 AM »

wow, great style, and you certainly should start talking about your "tweak" you do, because they are really funky and creative, i mean the way you create your creations!
this one is an amazing state of the art 2d collection of fractal imaginary, i cant find the translation for it, in german i would say it is "zeitgenössische kunst" because it is art
that could just be done in current decade (+-10 years ) and it is a way to work artistically on a formula level... well known fractals are clearly visible, and you described your
method early after your registration, but i remember it was cool ....

great work!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
yv3
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:51 AM »

I am proud and feel completion after your reply, thank you very much Kleinhuis!
I started with fractals with a programming experiment to test a self made old school ascii game engine. I remembered the wonderful time with fractint in my youth and i had finally enough programming skill and motivation to make my own "fractint". But my software is not just a clone, everything was suited to "play" with the formulas without math knowledge, to understand how the numbers affects on the image. I started with the knowledge how to draw a mandelbrot and i re-engineered the formula and escape time method, i cut off parts of the formula, modified them, added new, combined them later with other forumulas. Knowing only the basics of math i was overwhelmed about the complexity of the images that the simple formulas produced. I felt like i could find a magic forumula that will let me understand how the world was being created, i felt like god for some seconds. I started to add randomness to the formulas, combine the forumlas with images of simple shapes and fractals. After two years i feel like i finally "understood" the limitations of the escape time algorithm, the magic has gone in some way. But i am still fascinated about the generality of this algorithm. I can express a feeling or thought with it perfectly because it provides an endless loop of reflection, its like an amplifier for me, suited in fine 256 color pallettes.
The "tweak" is that i made everything from scratch, started with much interest and very tiny knowledge on math and fractals. I found out that i can reflect about myself, my dreams and problems while exploring new fractals. I created a unique tool that does exactly what i wanted to do with it. Show everyone that human life is not endless, but fractal art and their expression is. Show that humans need love and communication. Show that humans will always try to understand how world is created.

If someone is intrested in my images, check out my Beta Gallery and Gallery

Greeting Dawid
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:21:49 AM by yv3 » Logged

Creator of yFract
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: