Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Yet Another Feature Request! (RE: Lights and Animation)  (Read 1675 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: April 16, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »

Hi,

I often find that I wish to change my lighting settings after I create an animation sequence of keyframes.  I wind up saving the lights as a preset, placing each keyframe back in the main window one at a time, applying the lights, and overwriting the old keyframe - then repeating.

It got me thinking - would it be much work to add an "Update Animation Keyframe lighting" button to the lights tab?  Then it would dramatically reduce the time involved.  While there is no need to render each keyframe in the main window doing it this way, the animation window still has to re-render it.  But lighting updates are near instant in the main window, so it may also speed up this process dramatically   alien

While I'm at it, I may as well ask about wheter Bitmap Lighting will ever return.  I know we discussed it before, but I've slept since then and forget   angry

And one last, unrelated, request for a new feature!  The "Undo" button is Great!  I there any chance of a "Redo" button to complete the process? 

None of these are critical to a workflow, but would be very nice features none the less.

Thanks for considering it, and for this Wonderful program   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »

And one last, unrelated, request for a new feature!  The "Undo" button is Great!  I there any chance of a "Redo" button to complete the process? 

I believe to Redo an action you right click the Undo button smiley

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »

I believe to Redo an action you right click the Undo button smiley

True Enough!

Stupid me...

But using it on a mac laptop, there is no right click - I'll try the old "option click" - it works on many programs running under Crossover  (a version of WINE) (a Windows Emulator).

Thanks!  I never even noticed there was a tooltip on the undo button - never thought to check   head banging wall

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 04:51:15 PM »

I've had good luck changing keyframe lighting with the Processings button. 

• Set up your lights.
  • Click the Processings button in the Animation palette.
  • Check the All the Light + Color Settings option.
  • Press "Put the value to all keyframes" button

My digital creations: let me show you them
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:22:44 PM »

I've had good luck changing keyframe lighting with the Processings button.  

• Set up your lights.
  • Click the Processings button in the Animation palette.
  • Check the All the Light + Color Settings option.
  • Press "Put the value to all keyframes" button

Boy, that Jesse is something!

Once again, he implements these things so fast they magically appear in the current version!  He's got a time machine, I just know he does!!

Either that, or I never noticed that option before...   head batting

Thanks   A Beer Cup

EDIT:

Now if only somebody will tell me bitmap lighting has been there for a while now!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:24:17 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 12:07:36 AM »

While I'm at it, I may as well ask about wheter Bitmap Lighting will ever return.  I know we discussed it before, but I've slept since then and forget   angry

I wish i could forget it, because i would be sure you would remember me soon again  wink
Only time will tell though, you know a man can only do one thing at a time...

Thanks for considering it, and for this Wonderful program   afro

Gracias  smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: