Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:42:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Improved Stereo View?  (Read 2674 times)
doncasteel8587
« on: May 16, 2007, 05:06:00 AM »

I've modified the stereo vectors, and seperated the images. It seems easier to get my eyes adjusted to the stereo view, can you guys let me know if it's easier for you?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:34:43 PM by doncasteel8587 » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »

Would something like this help?

The Old Ways are often The Best!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
doncasteel8587
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:38:40 PM »

Absolutely, Ive been thinking about trying to buy or build one of those, but then again that doesnt help for people viewing my art on the web. And even longer term someday being able to sell my art.

I really think Scott Draves may have the best idea for digital art, selling appliances and content for public display.

That brings me to the 3D display issue, it looks like Phillips was way ahead of me a while ago. They say they have true 3D displays, but without seeing one, how do you know how well they work?

http://www.research.philips.com/technologies/display/ov_3ddisp.html

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »

Absolutely, Ive been thinking about trying to buy or build one of those, but then again that doesnt help for people viewing my art on the web. And even longer term someday being able to sell my art.

This may sound silly, but it is meant quite seriously!!

Approach View Master and get a deal to sell Reels!

These images are perfect for that format!

You mentioned selling it first, not me!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
doncasteel8587
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 07:02:29 PM »

It's funny, I actually came across a site today selling the ViewMasters, and you can order disks with your own images! They also do Lenticular prints!
http://www.3dimages.co.uk/contact_us.html
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 05:17:01 AM »

It's funny, I actually came across a site today selling the ViewMasters, and you can order disks with your own images! They also do Lenticular prints!
http://www.3dimages.co.uk/contact_us.html

Don,

This is an old thread. Do you have any info on the math needed to calculate lenticular prints? I've got my app creating stereo pairs, but I need to know where to position the "camera" viewpoint for each of the images in a 3D lenticular print. I haven't found a good explanation of how to position the camera.

Duncan C

Regards,

Duncan C
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: