Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 06:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Developing a fractal application  (Read 4926 times)
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: February 08, 2007, 03:19:25 AM »

Hi all.

My name is Duncan C. I just joined the forum a few days ago.

I'm rekindling my interest in fractals after a many-year hiatus.  Back in the 80s I developed an application to render Mandelbrot and Julia sets, inspired by the book "The Beauty of Fractals."

I'm well along in developing a new, improved version of my application, called FractalWorks.  It runs on Macintoshes under OS X, and is quite fast.  I'm putting a lot of effort into the ability to create striking looking color schemes.  Right now my code supports a very flexible way to specify colors, but I  haven't created a user interface to create those color schemes yet.  Right now I have to recompile my program.

I do at least have file save working, both in a native format that preserves all the settings used to generate the plot, as well as "save as TIFF."  I'm getting results I'm pretty pleased with.

Here is a sample image:

(click here to see the MUCH larger "original" version on pbase.)
The original version is quite big, but well worth it.  The scaled-down version doesn't really do it justice.  This image is scaled to be a desktop "wallpaper" for my 14 inch laptop.

I have a few more images in a gallery here.

I'll post more as my development effort progresses.

Duncan C

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 05:50:42 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Regards,

Duncan C
freshNfunky
Alien

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »

have you achieved some results so far?

i currently want to move Fractals into Fluid dynamics.

maybe there is a crossing point:
http://www.fractalforums.com/let%27s-collaborate-on-something!/developing-fractal-algorithm-for-fluid-dynamics/

Felix
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: